Pay Pal Info??

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

I have a new Paypal account now and I was going to send my SO some emergency funds now. Her Motorcyle had to have some unexpected repairs :crutch: and her computer went on the blink. :threeques: When it rains in Nanning it pours :helpsmilie: I opened a Visa check card account for her but this will take time for her to get it in Nanning.
I have never sent money thru Pay Pal before and I hear it is a lot cheaper the WU. Any suggestions on what to do. unsure.gif

You can either have her set up her own PayPal account so you can send money to it (although this may not work in China), or get a free PayPal debit card and send it to her. She can then withdraw money from your account at $1/transfer (I think it was). This should work just fine in Nanning, although it didn't work in Yulin (no compatible ATM's)

Emergency ? Now? Use WU.

Otherwise .... lets say you send her some money via paypal.

To receive it, SHE needs a paypal account.

Then the paypal account MUST be able to 'send out' monies to a bank account, somewhere in China. In USA, clearance is 3 to 5 business days - I've NO IDEA what it is to a CHINA BANK.

I totally circumvent this by having a Business Premiere Account, and she has a debit card in her name to use at an ATM machine, anywhere in China. You can accomplish the same thing with a Personal Premiere Account, as well.

If she has a card, usually is a 1 dollar withdrawal fee in China.

The PayPal Help system is extensive - what did you read? If you just got the basic, mamby-pamby account - you might want to review the limitations.

When I see 'Emergency' and 'Now' in a sentence, I always use WU - show up at a desk with hard currency. But is possible that my $$ levels aren't the same as yours - maybe you just want to send your 'basic' account limit of 400 to her? I dunno man... I sent XX,XXX this month, will send the same again in June - we're buying a flat in Chengdu. I've scared some clerks at the WU office recently - but they have all my history to my wife of prior XX,XXX - so I was able to shrug it off.

Anyway - really - check out the Paypal Account Limitations Grid, it compares the 3 account types and what you can do...

Things would,ve had to change to use paypal to send money to China since I checked into it 2 or 3 years ago. What I found out was that paypal could be used to send money back and forth within mainland China but not in or out of China. I searched it out well back then and that is what I had found out but things may have changed since then, I don't know. But back then there wasn't any way to send money using paypal, which really sucked. Maybe there is a way now. Good luck.

No, no, no - the PayPal debit card is like any other debit card - it can be used anywhere on that network, including in China. The only limitation is the 3 days for the amount to post to YOUR account (not hers)

But I tend to agree with Sebastian - the quickest, and easiest is via Western Union.

1-402-935-2050

Above is the PayPal Customer Service number. I talked to a rep and they said you can send money to China, no problem. I guess things have changed. That's good! You couldn't do it a few years ago. China must be coming around! :helpsmilie:

Guest Tony n Terrific

Emergency ? Now? Use WU.

Otherwise .... lets say you send her some money via paypal.

To receive it, SHE needs a paypal account.

Then the paypal account MUST be able to 'send out' monies to a bank account, somewhere in China. In USA, clearance is 3 to 5 business days - I've NO IDEA what it is to a CHINA BANK.

I totally circumvent this by having a Business Premiere Account, and she has a debit card in her name to use at an ATM machine, anywhere in China. You can accomplish the same thing with a Personal Premiere Account, as well.

If she has a card, usually is a 1 dollar withdrawal fee in China.

The PayPal Help system is extensive - what did you read? If you just got the basic, mamby-pamby account - you might want to review the limitations.

When I see 'Emergency' and 'Now' in a sentence, I always use WU - show up at a desk with hard currency. But is possible that my $$ levels aren't the same as yours - maybe you just want to send your 'basic' account limit of 400 to her? I dunno man... I sent XX,XXX this month, will send the same again in June - we're buying a flat in Chengdu. I've scared some clerks at the WU office recently - but they have all my history to my wife of prior XX,XXX - so I was able to shrug it off.

Anyway - really - check out the Paypal Account Limitations Grid, it compares the 3 account types and what you can do...

Sebastian we all know it is an emergency when a woman needs money be it in China or Shangra-La.

I wired the money an hour ago via WU. I read more into the Pay Pal act. and yea it is not the fastest way to send money to an invidual. I sent my airline fare to C-trip to buy a domestic flight in China w/o any hassels back in April with Pay Pal.

I appreciate all the good advice everyone gave me on this. Thanks again.