http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/ep...roduction/1146/

"The 90-minute film illuminates a century of Chinese American cinematic history, from rare silent classics such as Marion Wong¡¯s The Curse of Quon Gwon (1916) to the contemporary critical and commercial success of Ang Lee¡¯s Brokeback Mountain (2005). Timed for broadcast during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, American Masters: Hollywood Chinese premieres nationally Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 9 p.m. (ET) on PBS (check local listings). The film features a treasure trove of clips, punctuated with personal accounts from the movie industry¡¯s most accomplished Chinese and Chinese American talent."

This week on my PBS station there has been an excellent series done by Bill Moyers...Becoming American: The Chinese Experience.

In the saga of American immigration, the Chinese experience is relatively unknown. But it's a dramatic story of struggle and triumph, progress and setbacks, discrimination and assimilation. It takes us from 1830 when they came to the gold fields...the 1882 Exclusion Law and to it's repeal in 1943 and the increase in Chinese immigration in the '60s to present. Bill Moyers, did his usual outstanding job ...you may have seen it because I think it is a rerun...ZZ

In the PBS link, there's no mention of Anna May Wong. That's a bit disappointing since she was the first Chinese actress movie star in Hollywood way back in the '20's. She inspired many asian actors and actresses in the performing arts since then all the way to today! I hope they at least mention her. I'll try to watch it tonight but I'll be shocked if she is left out. No, there's no way she can be left out, Anna May Wong left out? :lol: