very nice wokers at embassy HA HA

Embassy had recieved our packet 3 5-22-09

I sent the OF-169, I-134 and the DS-230 with the daughters name added as joining us to America.

this is all they ask for in packet 3.

this happened today at 16:48 to us. The embassy phoned my fiancee and said they needed information abouT her 18 year old daughter. my fiancee understanding is they wanted something numbered 365 I know there is nothing numbered 365.

I was home at this time so my fiancee ask the woman if she spoke english SO I COULD TALK TO HER.

HER ANSWER TO MY FIANCEE WAS

"IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS"

So I sent an email to the embassy after that happen and ask them to tell me what information they want now all I can do now is wait 5 to 7 days for an answer from them.

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)

You got me there too, the OF-169 and DS-230 part 1 is the only things needed to be sent to the consulate, the I-134 is brought to the interview.

Note the Embassy is always located in a nation's capital, so the US Embassy is in Beijing. There is a US Consulate located in Guangzhou.

You got me there too, the OF-169 and DS-230 part 1 is the only things needed to be sent to the consulate, the I-134 is brought to the interview.

Note the Embassy is always located in a nation's capital, so the US Embassy is in Beijing. There is a US Consulate located in Guangzhou.

yes our packet 3 came from embassy in Guangzhou and yes they ask for I-134 in packet 3 in china

Forms and Packets 3 & 4 at guangzhou embassy

K Visa Instruction Packet (¡°Packet 3¡±)

Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in Chinese

Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)

Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)

K Nonimmigrant Visa Application Fee

Affidavit of Support (I-134)

----------------------------------------------------

K-1/K-2 Appointment Packet (¡°Packet 4¡±)

Appointment letter in Chinese

Important Notice to Immigrant Visa Applicants Concerning Vaccination Requirements

Letter to K1/K2 Applicants

Certification of Legal, Capacity and Intent to Marry

Supplemental Form GNI-2

Nonimmigrant Fianc¨¦(e) Visa Application (DS-156K)

Nonimmigrant Visa Appication (DS-156) (two sets)

Nonimmigrant Visa Application for Applicants 16 Years and Older (DS-157) (two sets)

Medical Examination Instructions (GIV-8)

New Requirement for Nonimmigrant Visa Application Photos

Medical Examination Forms (Tuberculosis Classification Cover Sheet, DS-2053, DS-3025, DS-3026, DS-3024)

Forms and Packets 3 & 4 at guangzhou embassy

K Visa Instruction Packet (¡°Packet 3¡±)

Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in Chinese

Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)

Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)

K Nonimmigrant Visa Application Fee

Affidavit of Support (I-134)

----------------------------------------------------

The consulate includes the I-134 in their packet out to beneficiary so that the beneficiary can either send it to US Citizen petitioner to fill out and return to Beneficiary to bring to the Interview OR the petitioner can simply download the I-134 from USCIS.gov and send this to Benificiary sometime before visa interview, the benificiary brings the I-134 along with all the other documents listed on form OF-169.

The I-134 is not sent to the consulate with the returned P3 forms.

Complete and send the enclosed form DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration as well as this document (Form 169). Obtain the following documents on this checklist that pertain to you. As you obtain each document, check the box before each item. Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office, as we will have to destroy them. You will not be scheduled for an appointment until you submit these forms.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...m169-May_09.pdf

Hopefully the consulate did not do what they said in OF-169 and DESTROY the I-134. I would send another to the Beneficiary just in case.

Hopefully the consulate did not do what they said in OF-169 and DESTROY the I-134. I would send another to the Beneficiary just in case.

I am living here in yudu china with my fiancee since May 5th 2008 and will be here until we get her visa. I can produce all the copies of every form they want. All forms and translations and notarizing already finished and copies ready for interview

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)

I am living here in yudu china with my fiancee since May 5th 2008 and will be here until we get her visa. I can produce all the copies of every form they want. All forms and translations and notarizing already finished and copies ready for interview

Note: you can download the NEW I-134 from USCIS.gov, it does NOT need to be notarized.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

One last note: You say you are living in China, I hope you maintained domicile in the USA, in order for a US citizen to be able to provide an affidavit of support (Either I-134 OR I-864) they must have US Domicile. If the consulate knows that you have been living in China, they may demand evidence thay you maintained your US Domicile.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I assume you have copies of what you sent in - take a look, see if the daughters info for any K-2 stuff is on the I-129F.

I'm betting that the G-325 form also doesn't have her info on it.

(that's the closest form number to 365).

Warmest Regards (and Good Luck !)

I assume you have copies of what you sent in - take a look, see if the daughters info for any K-2 stuff is on the I-129F.

Yep, that sounds like it may be what they are asking for.

Good catch!

thanks guys the G-325 is my guess too and yes she was listed on the I-129f forms too, I'm sending a G-235 for the daughter tomorrow

just incase that is what they want it sure can't hurt anything.

beings I am a retired us citizen I don't think I need to prove anything

to the embassy

thanks guys the G-325 is my guess too and yes she was listed on the I-129f forms too, I'm sending a G-235 for the daughter tomorrow

just incase that is what they want it sure can't hurt anything.

beings I am a retired us citizen I don't think I need to prove anything

to the embassy

Okie2;

You might want to listen to what these guy's are saying to you. First, as has been pointed out several times it is not an Embassy. Second, you do have to prove things to the GUZ Consulate - maybe! If they ask for it, you will have to provide it. Thirdly, what has been suggested is that you "think ahead" and ensure that you provide some "proof of domicile in the US", prior to arriving at the interview. This is all sage advice. However, you can take your chances and ignore it, and perhaps it will not come up. Many of us stayed in China, working or attending school while we waited for our loved ones to receive visas. Domicile is an important element in the process, especially under these circumstances.

Best of luck in the process, I hope your status as a "Retired US Citizen" whatever that is, keeps you in good stead with both the US Consulate in GUZ and the US Embassy in Beijing. Again, hope you have fair winds and following seas.

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

yes our packet 3 came from embassy in Guangzhou and yes they ask for I-134 in packet 3 in china

The I-134 is sent in with the P3 ? That's some new bits - but hei - GUZ IV does change things up a bit - must be the season.

In other recent cases, the I-134 was presented at Interview Day. Perhaps this is something new?

Warmest Regards...

The I-134 is sent in with the P3 ? That's some new bits - but hei - GUZ IV does change things up a bit - must be the season.

In other recent cases, the I-134 was presented at Interview Day. Perhaps this is something new?

Warmest Regards...

UPDATE

hey guys we were all wrong from our guessing about the G-235 so I mailed it to them but also the same day emailed them to see what they really needed you know the answers are 5 to 7 days later well they answered my email yesterday what they wanted was the DS-230 & of-169 for the daughter so I mailed it to them today.

and yes the daughter has been listed on all forms from the I-129f all the way through.

AND I MEANT I AM A US CITIZEN BY BIRTH AND RETIRED NOW FOR 6 YEARS