NBA coming To China?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Ya - there was some 'trial' last year - now it's gonna be more teams and a smallish schedule.

tom.com USED to handle all the rebroadcast rights - no clue who has it this year - maybe espn star outta singapura?

Guest ShaQuaNew

I thought the Northern Broadcasting Associates were already here in China. Well, there you go, learn something new every day.

I've watched a lot of western sports on CCTV 5 ...they sure love "The Rocket Man" in the PRC. Yao Ming!

Chinese people just LOVE basketball. They have basketball courts in my working complex and dozens of guys play there during lunch and after work. While Houston was still in the playoffs, you could find dozens of people huddled around TVs in our office during lunch, watching the game. During the first rounds, I could hear them yelling and screaming from my office, and went out to see what was going on. Sure enough, Yao Ming was playing.

What's interesting though, is after Yao Ming was injured and out for the season, a headline in the next days paper in China said something to the effect: "Yao Ming Gets Hurt Easily; Can't Cut the Mustard."

Still, even after he was out, they continue watching and playing. Everywhere I've traveled in China, you see young boys gathered around any available basketball hoop.

I tried playing a few games with some of the guys from the office one day several months back, but I couldn't keep up with them. Our Western style of playing is to normally set up a play, and pass the ball around to your teammates. Not so there. It was run and shoot. Run and shoot. Up and down the court as fast as you could go. Whoever got the ball from the rebound, runs down the court and takes a shot.

I enjoy watching the Chinese teams and feel they have come far. But they have a long way to go to compete with American teams e.g. Argentina or the US. Yao Ming is good, but have you seen the other Chinese import that plays for the Timber Wolves, I think...he is very good and exciting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShaQuaNew

I enjoy watching the Chinese teams and feel they have come far. But they have a long way to go to compete with American teams e.g. Argentina or the US. Yao Ming is good, but have you seen the other Chinese import that plays for the Timber Wolves, I think...he is very good and exciting.

It seems like every time I leave Orlando, the basketball team gets in the playoffs. Now their in the finals. The guys in my office are enjoying watching the games so much right now, it's hard to get them back to their desks to work.

Go Magic!

:)

It seems like every time I leave Orlando, the basketball team gets in the playoffs. Now their in the finals. The guys in my office are enjoying watching the games so much right now, it's hard to get them back to their desks to work.

Go Magic!

<_<

Another game like last night's and they'll be back at the desk scarfing doughnutz ...go Majik!