China plastic bag ban

>>Once it starts to get warm they sell fresh brewed Qingdao Beer from the keg in plastic bags<<

Soft drinks and water with a piece of ice is sold in a small plastic bag in Latinamerica. It's poured from the bottle...down there they covet the bottles and don't allow anyone to walk off with them, ha, ha, ha.

I lived in Peru for nearly 7 years and when I first arrived there I was amazed at how valuable the actual glass bottles were.

At that time they barely used cans and the concept of plastic bottles was still unheard of. If you went into any store to buy any sized bottle of soft drink you either had to have, in addition to the price of the soft drink, an empty bottle to exchange or leave a cash deposit equal to at least ten times the value of the bottle's contents. It was either that or a baggie and a straw.

There was one long street in Lima that functioned as an open flea market / fencing operation 7/24. There were several little stands owned by the same family that had a thriving business selling full soda bottles at ten times the regular retail rate and empty bottles at only eight times.

Edited by GZBILL (see edit history)