Requesting Opinions

I've been reading the forum for about a month, but this is only my second post. Hope you guys can help!

Here's the situation: My fiance and I will be living together in China beginning in August. We plan on getting married and filing the I-130 directly with the consulate. I've done all my research on that, with very few questions (mostly resolved in my first post :) ). However, earlier this week, I learned that my fiance is a member of the Communist Party of China (CCP). She didn't know it would be an issue for the visa, and I never thought to ask her :( . Since then I have been doing a LOT of reading on this forum and learned as much as I could. First off, I want to thank Mama Bear and Paula for posting their stories, and a HUGE thank you to bob&haiqinq for all the wonderful info. I know every case is a bit different, but we have something going on that hasn't quite been addressed before, so I'd like some opinions.

From what I can tell, resigning (usually by stopping fee payment for 6 months) is the best way to go, and what we are planning. She joined in University and since then her parents have been paying the dues for her. After Uni, she moved to the UK to do a Masters (where we met) and just recently went back to China (March). Unfortunately, her parents pay the dues in YEARLY payments, rather than the monthly installments that I have been reading about. Although they are due in March, and her parents were a little late this year and paid just last month (April)...

We were planning on marrying/filing in February, after I've been there 6 months (leaving one month left on dues already paid). With the timelines I've seen recently, we can expect the interview 4-6 months after we file (about June-August), which is only 3-5 months after she will technically "stop" paying....

My thoughts: Expect a blue slip (but hope for pink!). Prepare a letter explaining - Talk about joining in Uni for employment benefits and not participating beyond the required meetings, deciding to quit after returning to China but parents had already paid dues for the next year and will stop being a member once those run out, not believing in ideals of CCP, etc. Fill out and prepare I-601 just in case so that it can be handed in immediately.

Does this sound about right? Any suggestions for a better way to approach this? I know its nothing we can really sidestep. She will, more than likely, still be a member when we go for the interview, so even though she will have stopped paying the dues, we will still have to answer 'yes' on the DS-230 (pt II) :(. From what I've seen this is about all we can do. Right?

Anything I've missed? Or other opinions?

mp&qw

What you've mapped sounds right.

You could be 'the experiment', and go back and ask for refund of fees, this week. Since her parents paid it, she could claim it was done in error, and demand a refund.

It's possible, but nae so plausible.

I read a post on here somewhere. The person wanted to quit the CCP and used the excuse of not affording it, well the employer( I think a university) said they would help him out and pay it for him. So be prepared for generosity from them also. Not sure of the ramifications but can't she just go there and withdraw from the CCP?