Going to HK this Friday

I need a little help from my friends. I'll be riding the train from Chengdu to Guanzhou this Friday and need advice regarding final destination of Hong Kong. What is the cheapest mode of travel (excluding hiking :D ) for getting from Guanzhou to Hong Kong? Where do I connect in Guanzhou to said cheap travel and where will it arrive in Hong Kong? I'll be staying only one night, maybe two, in Hong Kong. Can someone recommend a place to lay my head and S,S, & S for the night that is not too expensive? I've never been to HK and the purpose of the trip is to help another lao wei and we're on a tight budget :cheering:

Guest ShaQuaNew

I need a little help from my friends. I'll be riding the train from Chengdu to Guanzhou this Friday and need advice regarding final destination of Hong Kong. What is the cheapest mode of travel (excluding hiking :D ) for getting from Guanzhou to Hong Kong? Where do I connect in Guanzhou to said cheap travel and where will it arrive in Hong Kong? I'll be staying only one night, maybe two, in Hong Kong. Can someone recommend a place to lay my head and S,S, & S for the night that is not too expensive? I've never been to HK and the purpose of the trip is to help another lao wei and we're on a tight budget :happybday:

Hello Bill. My wife used to live in Shenzhen, and she tells me the fastest and easiest way is to take a bus or train to Shenzhen, and then take a bus or train to Hong Kong. Sorry, have no numbers right now. Next time, come by Shanghai...

:cheering:

Guest ShaQuaNew

I need a little help from my friends. I'll be riding the train from Chengdu to Guanzhou this Friday and need advice regarding final destination of Hong Kong. What is the cheapest mode of travel (excluding hiking :D ) for getting from Guanzhou to Hong Kong? Where do I connect in Guanzhou to said cheap travel and where will it arrive in Hong Kong? I'll be staying only one night, maybe two, in Hong Kong. Can someone recommend a place to lay my head and S,S, & S for the night that is not too expensive? I've never been to HK and the purpose of the trip is to help another lao wei and we're on a tight budget :happybday:

Hello Bill. My wife used to live in Shenzhen, and she tells me the fastest and easiest way is to take a bus or train to Shenzhen, and then take a bus or train to Hong Kong. Sorry, have no numbers right now. Next time, come by Shanghai...

:cheering:

--edit--

There are several buses that go from Guangzhou to Shenzhen, and travel about every 15-minutes or so. It costs about 100RMB. Then, after you get to the bus station in Shenzhen:

*Take a bus or subway to the train station (on the Hong Kong Shenzhen border)

*Walk across the border, to the Hong Kong side, and take a bus or train to downtown Hong Kong....

...about another 100RMB

I need a little help from my friends. I'll be riding the train from Chengdu to Guanzhou this Friday and need advice regarding final destination of Hong Kong. What is the cheapest mode of travel (excluding hiking :unsure: ) for getting from Guanzhou to Hong Kong? Where do I connect in Guanzhou to said cheap travel and where will it arrive in Hong Kong? I'll be staying only one night, maybe two, in Hong Kong. Can someone recommend a place to lay my head and S,S, & S for the night that is not too expensive? I've never been to HK and the purpose of the trip is to help another lao wei and we're on a tight budget :(

:P

--edit--

There are several buses that go from Guangzhou to Shenzhen, and travel about every 15-minutes or so. It costs about 100RMB. Then, after you get to the bus station in Shenzhen:

*Take a bus or subway to the train station (on the Hong Kong Shenzhen border)

*Walk across the border, to the Hong Kong side, and take a bus or train to downtown Hong Kong....

...about another 100RMB

The above is one of the easiest ways and it is cheap. You also can get the KCR (Kowloon Canton Railway) train rom Guanzhou to HK directly. About 2 hours and about 250 HK now. See the link for more details. I have taken this before. It was very nice.

http://bestofguangzhou.com/travel/trains/g...-hong-kong-kcr/

I need a little help from my friends. I'll be riding the train from Chengdu to Guanzhou this Friday and need advice regarding final destination of Hong Kong. What is the cheapest mode of travel (excluding hiking :D ) for getting from Guanzhou to Hong Kong? Where do I connect in Guanzhou to said cheap travel and where will it arrive in Hong Kong? I'll be staying only one night, maybe two, in Hong Kong. Can someone recommend a place to lay my head and S,S, & S for the night that is not too expensive? I've never been to HK and the purpose of the trip is to help another lao wei and we're on a tight budget :ph34r:

there is a high speed train from GUZ to Shenzhen, about 1 hour. when you arrive SHenzen, you can change trains at the station to HK.

train station is near the US embassy

of course you will need to go through Chinese and HK customs but that won't be a problem. be sure to have multiple visa enteries to china because you will need it to return from HK to CHINA

good kluck

+1 on the high speed train. Then you just walk through customs and hop on a light rail. You will also get onto HK's subway system and go wherever you want. The subway/trains in HK are great. Maps everywhere.

Oh yeah and watch your stuff in the Guangzhou and Shenzhen stations.

Edited by Batmaniac (see edit history)