Interview Date Set

We got our appointment letter in the mail today. Interview is set for Junee 22nd. That's exactly 3 years, to the day, from the day we entered the country.

You might want to get two new passport style photos made to take to the interview. The IO may ask for them, or they may not because they do have the photos you sent with the N-400. My wife said the IO asked her for photos but she told him she did not have any. The IO then pulled out one of the photos sent with the N-400 and had her sign her name to it on the front of the photo. It is the same photo placed on the certificate that will be given at the ceremony.

I remember reading about taking photos somewhere on the USCIS website but now I can't find it! Oh well, Just a thought.

Good Luck!

Yeah, with the appointment letter there was another letter that said while not required they suggest you bring 2 passport size photos with you. And, he took his other photos right after getting off work. They are terrible. So we will DEFINATELY do this. Then, I hope they will use the new one on the naturalization certificate. LOL.

He's almost ready. He's done really well here. He goes to school here, he has a job, and he even does a little side business for computer repair. He talks to his customer's on the phone and explains computer problems to them. So, I know his language abilities are not a problem. We have already started studying the 100 questions. He knows most of the answers. He only has a problem remembering some of the names (like our U.S. reps and some of the historical names, like Jefferson).

So, we will keep studying and I think he will be fine. He took this summer off from school becuase we were expecting the interview to be this summer. He's got plenty of time. :) I feel very positive.

Yeah, with the appointment letter there was another letter that said while not required they suggest you bring 2 passport size photos with you. And, he took his other photos right after getting off work. They are terrible. So we will DEFINATELY do this. Then, I hope they will use the new one on the naturalization certificate. LOL.

He's almost ready. He's done really well here. He goes to school here, he has a job, and he even does a little side business for computer repair. He talks to his customer's on the phone and explains computer problems to them. So, I know his language abilities are not a problem. We have already started studying the 100 questions. He knows most of the answers. He only has a problem remembering some of the names (like our U.S. reps and some of the historical names, like Jefferson).

So, we will keep studying and I think he will be fine. He took this summer off from school becuase we were expecting the interview to be this summer. He's got plenty of time. :D I feel very positive.

Sounds great. Ying's goal was to be able to answer the questions without thinking. she was able to do just that with the exception of confusing the rights claimed under the Declaration of Independence and the rights guranteed under the Constitution. She initially had trouble with our congressman. senators and the governor of Texas, but she had no trouble.

Here is a tip. The interview actually begins the minute his name is called. The Officer will engage in small talk to determine his competency in English for normal conversations.

Thanks Carl! I'll be sure and remind him of that.

And, I know American born citizens that were raised here that confuse the rights under the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Some of our friends heard us studying and wanted to see if they could answer all the questions. They didn't do so well. LOL. So, if that's all Ying confused then I think she's did AWSOME!