• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

China kicked him out after his behavior in 1989. Nothing much has changed since that time. They still don't much care for his ideas.

When he died, the press in PRC did not even mention that he was once a leader of PRC.
Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

The CCP smear machine is no doubt being gassed and oiled up as we speak. And I'm sure it won't take long for the apologists to come out of the woodwork to help it along.

It will be interesting to see if they actually do apologize.

It's not likely the Zhao Ziyang's followers and supporters would ever apologize to the people and government of China.

The CCP smear machine is no doubt being gassed and oiled up as we speak. And I'm sure it won't take long for the apologists to come out of the woodwork to help it along.

It's not likely the Zhao Ziyang's followers and supporters would ever apologize to the people and government of China.

I was thinking more along the lines of the CCP apologizing for their role in the massacre.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I was thinking more along the lines of the CCP apologizing for their role in the massacre.

Most governments are not in the habit of apologizing for taking a hard-line toward civil disobedience, and those who engage in it, are not likely either. If they were, it might be a starting point, but like anything relating to China, or other countries, these issues are best left to the citizens and government of the country rather than external sources.

since both Jin and my wife both know who Zhao Ziyang is at least the whole episode was not covered up. My wife knows who he was and that he tried to stop the hard line stance against the students and will punished for it. She thinks he was a good man but that one man cannot change a nation.

I think this is a cultural thing. We are taught from birth that we can be anything we want and that our country is the land of freedom, individual rights, and opportunity. They are not taught these things and take a more pessimistic (and realistic) view that some things you have to accept.

Along the lines of apology...did we apologize for kent state?