I'm considering using VisaPro to process my Chinese wife's K3 visa and green card. Does anyone here have prior experience with using them? Are they trustworthy and reliable? I would welcome any input I can get including suggestions on how best to proceed.

Thank you,

ka1mla

Guest ShaQuaNew

I'm considering using VisaPro to process my Chinese wife's K3 visa and green card. Does anyone here have prior experience with using them? Are they trustworthy and reliable? I would welcome any input I can get including suggestions on how best to proceed.

Thank you,

ka1mla

Sorry, I misread your post. I think most people from this site complete and process their own paperwork, rather than using an attorney or third-party service like VisaPro. I don't see much reason to use a service unless you expect there to be a problem.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Thank you,

ka1mla

Sorry, I misread your post. I think most people from this site complete and process their own paperwork, rather than using an attorney or third-party service like VisaPro. I don't see much reason to use a service unless you expect there to be a problem.

Their site is useful for alternative forms, some have data fields that will take more information than the ones from USCIS or DOS.

Other than using some of their FREE forms, we did the entire process by ourselves.

All a service like that does is give you a questioner that you fill in and they transfer this information to the forms for you and charge you a FEE to do this. I simply filled in the forms my self.

A lawyer or service like that cannot make the visa process go any faster. They can help you in a case where the consulate issues a blue slip for something unusual.

Lastly, K-3 was a visa type developed at a time when USCIS and DOS were taking a very long time to process I-130 for spousal visas as opposed to processing I-129F for K-1 fiancee visas. The K-3 was introduced to allow the prospective immigrant spouse to be treated like a fiancee and allow them to enter the USA and waith for their I-130 to be approved and then either return to home country and interview for their spousal (CR-1 or IR-1 Visa), or do like a K-1 and adjust status. USCIS has since streamlined the approval process for I-130, and have been approving them at the same time as I-129F, they tie the 2 petitions together and approve them at the same time, this eliminates the whole reason for the K-3 visa.

Since USCIS has been approving both I-130 and I-129F on the same day in K-3 cases, this has essentially eliminated the reason that K-3 was developed (Entry to the USA and waiting for I-130 approval)

For the most part CR-1 tends to takes about the same time as K-3 to get if you prepare for NVC when they request I-864 fee, and Visa fee, as well as documents requested by NVC. In many cases the CR-1 petition reaches the consulate just before K-3 interview, which causes K-3 to get dropped and the interview becomes a CR-1 visa interview.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

Adjustment Of Status: $1010 I-485

($1496)

CR-1

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I see many posts from K-3 holders stating, "Wow this sucks, I am stuck at home because I don't have EAD, DL, etc, or I am having hard time getting added to bank accounts because of NO SSN." K-3 has a 90 day or longer period of limbo while waiting for EAD or Green-card.

K-3 was developed at a time when CR-1 was taking much longer that today, NVC and USCIS have greatly streamlined the CR-1 process to the point where K-3 becomes irrelevant.

Lawyers LOVE the K-3, because they can charge you for filing the I-130, and then charge you again for handling the I-129F, and then later when the K-3 enters the USA they can hope to charge you again to file I-485 to adjust status. In the case of CR-1, there is only the I-130 filed to USCIS.

Use the FAQ pages here on CFL as a guide. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=233487

Also Visa Journey has excelent guides for what is needed to file a petition to USCIS:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1 (CR-1 IR-1) guide.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide (Guide for the OPTIONAL K-3)

As someone who paid for a lawyer in the beginning and then found this site about a month before the visa interview, save the money and do it yourself. I recently advised a friend to use the money saved and get another trip in.

Edited by Batmaniac (see edit history)