Treasury Sec. China bound later this month

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Pommey

He has a tough job ahead of him:

"Going forward, experts say one of the underlying questions is how the U.S. will curb its voracious appetite for debt. "For the long term, the U.S. will want this growth pattern to be a little more balanced," says Lee. "You can't have consumers continue to run up consumer debt and have the lowest savings rate indefinitely."

But as pointed out in other threads consumerism and debt is what we build the 'American dream' on.

I agree.. but it could also be said "... sending a tax cheat to visit those we need to trust us."

Please note IllinoisDave that I did NOT say this ..... :lol:

I have my own opinions about the tax issue but I still wonder what causes the comment about him being "a boy doing a man's job"? Do you think he is unqualified for this task? In that case I would say that no one in the world is fully qualified or capable to fix our economic situation. However some or more qualified and capable then others and i cannot see how Geither is less capable than most others. Is he the best .. probably not. Is he the worst .. certainly not.

He has a tough job ahead of him:

"Going forward, experts say one of the underlying questions is how the U.S. will curb its voracious appetite for debt. "For the long term, the U.S. will want this growth pattern to be a little more balanced," says Lee. "You can't have consumers continue to run up consumer debt and have the lowest savings rate indefinitely."

But as pointed out in other threads consumerism and debt is what we build the 'American dream' on.

Yes and it also helpe powered a lot of developing economics, like China, while making some people and businesses very rich. Now a lot of people need to make some changes and adjustments. How we get people to sacrifice (both those who made wise decisions and those who made poor decisions) some of that dream for the greater good is the 1,000,000,000,000 dollar question.

Need more business leaders like Leonard Abess.

http://www.knowledgeatwharton.com.cn/index...;articleid=2036

Guest Pommey

I hear one of the reasons hes going is to start the agreements (no doubt under the table) to move whats left of the US car,coal and steel industries to china in return for debt payment :)

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)
Guest Pommey

I hear one of the reasons hes going is to start the agreements (no doubt under the table) to move whats left of the US car,coal and steel industries to china :)

Could you provide a link with credible facts?

200 years of capitalisms inginuity :D

I agree.. but it could also be said "... sending a tax cheat to visit those we need to trust us."

It doesn't get any more clever no matter how many times it's parroted here. Some folks need to find a new tune to whistle.

The tax cheat is a bit over the top. Timmy already admitted he made an error in not reporting certain income and filed amended returns to correct the error.

I agree .. however don't try this for yourself at home. You will probably get a different handling of your case.