Earthquake Remembered

Just saw a story on ABC about a boy who lost both his legs when his school collapsed in the quake. His dream had been to be a basketball player like his hero Kobe Bryant. After his legs were amputated he wrote an email to Bryant not expecting to hear back. A couple weeks later he got a signed basketball from Bryant. Classy.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just a short note in rememberance of those tragically killed one year ago today.

My wife and I were on line talking when it happened last year. This year we are together. So much to be thankful for today.

It was indeed an awful event. There were many stories in the Chinese news yesterday covering the story in remembrance. All the people of China take this very seriously and are working hard to both prepare and prevent casualties in the future.

My most sincere condolences go out to all those who experienced loss in this tragedy.

I was there last year when the earthquake happened.

Fortunate to be far enough away...

My family and friends keep sending me emails about the disaster, which up until then I had little knowledge, since news was slow moving at first and I could not read the newspaper....

For many days I watched CCTV and was numb. My fiancee could hardly stop crying. It touched so many........the Chinese people really pulled together and you could give donations everywhere to help in the relief efforts....

Has left a permanent mark on me.......