Visa wait after interview ?

We have our interview, June 1 st. With much hope and prayer, that we are approved, how long till the visa is ready for pick up?

Do you have to wait for visa in Guz or can it be sent to other city?

any input will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks once again,

John and Siyi

Unless your SO lives in Guangdong province, you have to wait to pick up the visa at the special post office, at least according to the paperwork we received in our P4. Typically it is 2-3 day wait. The sheet we had stated they would not mail it anywhere outside of Guangdong province.

Edited by Craig and Mingjun (see edit history)

We have our interview, June 1 st. With much hope and prayer, that we are approved, how long till the visa is ready for pick up?

Do you have to wait for visa in Guz or can it be sent to other city?

any input will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks once again,

John and Siyi

[/quote

Most wait to pick up at the post office close to the Consulate in GZ.

After a successful interview, she will be provided detailed instructions for picking up the USA visa attached to the PRC passport.

But I have observed others herein post that they had the visas express mailed to their home city in other regions of the PRC.

The wait is typically about two days, some more about three days, and some several days, depending on other factors.

We waited in GZ, to have it in our hand, without worrying about a mail truck crashing on route with their new visas and passports on board. :blink:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

My wife had her interview 03/05 picked up visa 03/07, i would wait for the visa because we had EMS deliver our P4 to the wrong address in the wrong city. "Good Luck"

Thank you all, I am sure you all understand the whole process all to well....:)