I-765 and AOS

Hi Everyone,

My question is about whether there is an age limit for submitting an I-765??

My step-sons are 13 years going on 14 years old, and although they will not be working ,,I would like to get them their SS#.

Since I will be filing AOS soon, it would seem reasonable to file I-765 with their AOS and save some money and get their SS#.

So is there a restriction of age for filing a I-765??

Tom and Ling

No, of course not (any applicable child labor laws would still apply). But that's exactly why they would want to apply.

Yes, and to follow up on Randy's comment. First, I can remember--I think I was age 12--when I applied for my own SSN when I had my first job, a paper route, for the Pasadena Star-News.

Next, my daughter, age 12 at the time I filed for her last month, and now just turned age 13, and her I-765, primarily to get her SSN, is moving forward through the process. :lol:

No age limit, EAD card is handy as an ID and handy to get SSN before getting a green-card.

That's right - the EAD is the first official US government-issued ID that most of our Chinese imports will get before the green card, and important if only for that

No age limit, EAD card is handy as an ID and handy to get SSN before getting a green-card.

That's right - the EAD is the first official US government-issued ID that most of our Chinese imports will get before the green card, and important if only for that

:rolleyes: Imports! How about Immigrants. :)

:rolleyes: Imports! How about Immigrants. :)

They're all imports - some don't make it to the immigrant (green card) stage.

I shouldn't give the Customs folks any (taxing) ideas.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)