Pilot program, electronic processing

Well well...

I thought (erroneously) that it was going to be 'hit or miss' to be selected for the NVC electronic processing.

Actually - even if you don't get any 'notice' about it -

one can OPT IN to be included -

There's a reference here -

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

Warmest Regards...

I can't believe that we have completed and sent everything that is needed in the last seven days???

I keep checking the step by step lists for something else I'll need to send in.

So far this program is very accommodating, we get an email to both of us each time anything is sent in by us. I had one question by email and got a reply the next day.

Question peterd01 - I just sent in the DS-3032 to opt in. Do I need to wait, until they request it or can I send in the I-864 and I-864a forms now?

The instructions are on the web site that you go to check the fee status, the one you use the receipt and case number in. I'm not sure if the instructions will be the same for an IR1. I was suppose to wait until I was contacted before I sent in my I-864. Depending on which instructions you read it is implied the you can do it after the AOS fee is processed as PAID. But I paid the AOS and IV fees per the instructions and after the IV fee showed PAID, I sent in the I-864.

Now my only concern is that with electronic processing, they change the case number. I didn't know this when I sent in the I-864's for her parents. Going by the instructions that said I could send them, I just used the Document Cover Pages already provided. Seems that they change the cover pages, I wonder if I should resubmit the documents with new cover page or wait. Also, I hope this doesn't delay p[rocessing too much.

I'm not sure what you are saying here??? I never read anything about change of case numbers? After you pay the fees their is a cover sheet to copy and send. Although I,m not sure if its needed. As far as slowing things down, I had everything sent in the first seven days. When I called on May 7th they had not looked at my I-864, they noted that they had received it on 28 April but had not gotten around to it yet. I'm not sure that it was the mail that slowed the old way down...? Have you tried calling DOS?

Case numbers start with GUZ. I opted into the electronic processing. They change the case to start with GZO, this signals them it is being processed electronic. You can then scan in your items and email them to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov. Saves from sending them by snail mail.

Yes.. we opted into the same program. But the case number has never changed. We've exchanged six emails with the NVCGuangzhou@state.gov all with the original case number "GUZ"

Got email from NVC today changing our case number to a GZO prefix.