I got an RFE for my wife's i485 which states,

"In order to process your application further, the petitioner/sponsor on Form I864A, Affidavit of Support must submit all Federal income tax documentation submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year."

I know I sent my 2008 W2s along with the package, since I made a copy of the entire package before sending it off.

Am I supposed to send more than just the W2? perhaps I need to send my entire tax printouts?

Any advice is appreciated.

"In order to process your application further, the petitioner/sponsor on Form I864A, Affidavit of Support must submit all Federal income tax documentation submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year."

I know I sent my 2008 W2s along with the package, since I made a copy of the entire package before sending it off.

Am I supposed to send more than just the W2? perhaps I need to send my entire tax printouts?

Well, yes - they want your tax returns, or transcripts. The W-2's are supporting evidence.

Well, yes - they want your tax returns, or transcripts. The W-2's are supporting evidence.

Correct, they need a photo copy of your COMPLETE IRS return (1040+ W2 and/or 1099s)

Yes, as Randy and Dan state and as has been discussed here a lot in the past months: This is from the instructions for the support form:

You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopyfrom your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photo copies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years.

I went ahead and included the full three years, even though I far exceed minimums, and with W-2's attached to each Form 1040.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)