Can K3 and CR-1 be done at same time

Can K3 and CR-1 be done at same time while the I-130 is at NVC and the 129-f is at Hong Kong. My 129-f has been sent to H.K. but I'm not sure if it's wise to keep the I-130 moving at NVC while I pursue the K3 at H.K. I don't know how it will look to H.K.??? If it gets down to two or three weeks difference in interview dates it maybe best to go with the CR-1 because of how things are with H.K. lately.

Edited by peterd01 (see edit history)

Keep them both moving.

You can interview for K-3, and simply not use it and interview again for CR-1.

You will be out the $131 fee for the K-Visa.

The CR-1 gets a greencard upon entry to the USA and will save you from filing for AOS from a K-Visa and waiting the MONTHS for USCIS to issue a green card.

I would run them both too.

Based on how HK appears lately; if your lady doesn't really have a compelling reason to have married in HK, they have been giving alot more blue slips and telling people to just pursue a CR1 through GUZ!

Given you have a previous K1 denial, HK may not want to touch this.

Based on how HK appears lately; if your lady doesn't really have a compelling reason to have married in HK, they have been giving alot more blue slips and telling people to just pursue a CR1 through GUZ!

I received the AOS bill today and from looking at recent timelines it would seem that I will need to pay the $70 AOS and $400 for the IV processing fee before the CR1 really starts moving. So if the K3 is approved I guess I'd be out the $470 unless my wife hung around for the CR1 interview...? right?

BTW

The NVC letter had an additional letter / handout saying that we qualified for a "new optional pilot program at the NVC electronic processing of petitions" .... basically everything is scanned and emailed to and from NVC for the petitioner and the beneficiary. This should cut some time off the wait..

I received the AOS bill today and from looking at recent timelines it would seem that I will need to pay the $70 AOS and $400 for the IV processing fee before the CR1 really starts moving. So if the K3 is approved I guess I'd be out the $470 unless my wife hung around for the CR1 interview...? right?

BTW

The NVC letter had an additional letter / handout saying that we qualified for a "new optional pilot program at the NVC electronic processing of petitions" .... basically everything is scanned and emailed to and from NVC for the petitioner and the beneficiary. This should cut some time off the wait..

The $470 is a lot cheaper compared to what you would have to pay for AOS if you only did the K3. Yes she would have to hang around for the CR1 interview. Time well spent IMHO.

BTW

The $470 is a lot cheaper compared to what you would have to pay for AOS if you only did the K3. Yes she would have to hang around for the CR1 interview. Time well spent IMHO.

If it was only 2 or 3 weeks I might talk her into waiting around for the CR1 interview, but any longer and that would be a big Hell No! Take the K3, run and don't look back! The money is not the big issue here, it's getting a Visa ASAP is. I'm not about to have my wife hang out and process again at GUZ to save a few bucks. Hell, the trip down there, medical, wait for Visa delivery wait, when you've got a Visa in hand....?? No way in Hell would I have her do that. Nope get her here soonest and we'll take care of the AOS here, Forget the $470.

BTW

However knowing that we could do a CR1 might make HK look at us differently, maybe more legit? I think if we didn't do the ground work for a CR1 before going to HK it would really look like we were trying to avoid GUZ. The money might serve a purpose still.

BTW

If it was only 2 or 3 weeks I might talk her into waiting around for the CR1 interview, but any longer and that would be a big Hell No! Take the K3, run and don't look back! The money is not the big issue here, it's getting a Visa ASAP is. I'm not about to have my wife hang out and process again at GUZ to save a few bucks. Hell, the trip down there, medical, wait for Visa delivery wait, when you've got a Visa in hand....?? No way in Hell would I have her do that. Nope get her here soonest and we'll take care of the AOS here, Forget the $470.

BTW

However knowing that we could do a CR1 might make HK look at us differently, maybe more legit? I think if we didn't do the ground work for a CR1 before going to HK it would really look like we were trying to avoid GUZ. The money might serve a purpose still.

You could always get the K-3, and then go back and get the CR-1. That would be an extra trip to China, but partially paid for by the AOS/CR-1 fee difference.

And, yes, the CR-1 is a good back up in case the K-3 is denied at HK.