It was a year ago, but I checked the Circling GUZ thread, and found a post from me on 05-01-08 #915:

I had my wife include a pre-addressed label with our P-3 package.

Please note, she still has not received the P-3 from GUZ. We returned our download package, with our own EMS label, as soon as I saw the P-3 was generated in the DOS system.

We may have P-4 before we have the GUZ version of the P-3 ??

I remember I generated a lot of discussion around this time, with thoughts of maybe just guessing at the time the P-3 would be issued and jumping the gun (within the process) so to speak, based on other members timeline experiences; however, I decided that this would not be responsible, given the possible negative consequences.

Therefore, I did the next best thing, as outlined in my post last year...I used the USCIS downloadable forms, had them all ready to go and had Lao Po mail them just as soon as I gave her the go ahead, which was the moment we showed up in the DOS system as having the P-3 issued.

This was my direct experience, and all in all, it turned out well, and I had the interview date earlier than most had predicted.

That's probably a safe point. But even there, there's a chance that the two packages could cross

Showing up in the DOS computer is no guarantee that it's left the mailroom (or even that they're reporting correct information). But, more likely than not, GUZ has finished processing on it and has passed it on to the mailroom.