Hi all~

Regards the proof of on-going relationship, the phone bill is one of the recommeded. There is a question that I have, how do the VO knows that the phone number on the bill is belong to your partner? We have been chatting on-line, use phone cards (there is no records of phone numbers) most of the time we communicate. I can show them the cell phone bills for text messages to her, but she changed her number a couple times in the past two years. Will this matter? Or as long as it shows a phone number that is from China?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hi all~

Regards the proof of on-going relationship, the phone bill is one of the recommeded. There is a question that I have, how do the VO knows that the phone number on the bill is belong to your partner? We have been chatting on-line, use phone cards (there is no records of phone numbers) most of the time we communicate. I can show them the cell phone bills for text messages to her, but she changed her number a couple times in the past two years. Will this matter? Or as long as it shows a phone number that is from China?

Most telephone companies that provide communication between the US and China, have an online log function, in which you can download and print to hard copy, PDF, or other file saving method. These logs show the telephone number of origination, and destination; date and time of call, along with the duration. Be sure to save these logs from time to time, as some companies may only provide a running 90-day history. Before my wife arrived in the US, I used OneSuite and DynaSky. Both services provided telephone logs.

--edit--

Regarding changing telephone numbers, it's really not a good idea, but of course sometimes you must. If changing the telephone number, I suggest getting a copy of the contract, making a copy and having it translated if necessary. The contract should show the name and address.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

You are basically under oath that the documents you provide are true and accurate, and all that. If they want to investigate, they will. If they want more information than you have provided, they will ask.

But, then again, they might never even look at your phone records.

Remember that your job is to paint a pretty picture of a bona fide relationship. Too much in the way of explanation can distract from this

Guest ShaQuaNew

You are basically under oath that the documents you provide are true and accurate, and all that. If they want to investigate, they will. If they want more information than you have provided, they will ask.

Remember that your job is to paint a pretty picture of a bona fide relationship. Too much in the way of explanation can distract from this

It seems a far better choice to avoid putting yourself into a situation that they (immigration) will ask for anything after you've filed. While I will agree that presenting too much information in a format that is disjointed and confusing can be distracting, it is very important to compile a package that contains all addresses, telephone numbers, and correct answers to questions. The package should contain attachments that are referenced on the associated form; for example, see attachment 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, and so on.

The forms should be separate from the supporting evidence, so that it can be referenced if necessary. The whole idea is to avoid being asked for additional information, and to some how strike a balance between presenting too much, and presenting enough. Also, a well-composed cover letter can be very helpful.

It seems a far better choice to avoid putting yourself into a situation that they (immigration) will ask for anything after you've filed. While I will agree that presenting too much information in a format that is disjointed and confusing can be distracting, it is very important to compile a package that contains all addresses, telephone numbers, and correct answers to questions. The package should contain attachments that are referenced on the associated form; for example, see attachment 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, and so on.

The forms should be separate from the supporting evidence, so that it can be referenced if necessary. The whole idea is to avoid being asked for additional information, and to some how strike a balance between presenting too much, and presenting enough. Also, a well-composed cover letter can be very helpful.

Far better than what? Sorry, Jesse - nobody's disagreeing with anything here.

Yes - it's important to not lose sight of your goal here - which is to get the visa. That's why I call it "painting a pretty picture"

A stack of communication evidence labeled as such helps - an explanation of why a phone number has changed does not. If you like, keep the explanation handy in case they ask.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Far better than considering the alternative you suggested:

If they want more information than you have provided, they will ask.

Sometimes they might ask, other times they may not. Better to be prepared and not give them a reason to ask.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Sometimes they might ask, other times they may not. Better to be prepared and not give them a reason to ask.

Once again - disagreeing on nothing. You present the best package you can. Yes, too much can be too much, and not enough can be not enough.

It's up to you to decide (in advance) which is which, and up to the VO to decide whether you were wrong or right.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Once again - disagreeing on nothing. You present the best package you can. Yes, too much can be too much, and not enough can be not enough.

It's up to you to decide (in advance) which is which, and up to the VO to decide whether you were wrong or right.

It's not a matter of disagreeing here, but rather the fact that we've seen a large increase in denials lately. Virtually all of them are for failing to prove a bona fide relationship. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that those denials didn't just happen by accident. While in some cases, it would be easy to blame the government, or a bad VO, what happens on the other side is often out of our control.

What is under the petitioner's control, is presenting not only evidence, but overwhelming evidence, that is compiled in a fashion that makes it easy for someone to read. Doing anything less than that opens the door to a painful overcome process.

ShaQuaNew and Randy W - yikes - are you fellas spewing about 'front-loading' vs 'bring it all to the interview in GUZ' ? That seems to be the case.

I'll have to posit that the OP did not include his phone records when he submitted his K-1 package.

Guest ShaQuaNew

ShaQuaNew and Randy W - yikes - are you fellas spewing about 'front-loading' vs 'bring it all to the interview in GUZ' ? That seems to be the case.

I'll have to posit that the OP did not include his phone records when he submitted his K-1 package.

Right. Any evidence that is not included with the original paperwork and filing may present serious problems down the road. Sometimes, in the lack of sufficient evidence, they may request additional information. Other times, an impatient VO will push it off their plate in the form of a denial. While the term "front loading" may make sense to some, it really doesn't stand alone and provide a clear means as to what needs to be done. Technical terms are used in almost every industry of business, as a shortcut to communicate a complicated process.

I am saddened to hear of the many denials that have happened to our members, some of which may stem from their having limited understanding to writing and preparing a petition. There is a wealth of information on this site, but it would take a good deal of time to break down every single form and every single question as to effective methods on adding and referring to attachments.

I get this from the work I do. It's my job to gather complex information and present it in and understandable and easy-to-read format. Most people have very little experience in doing that sort of thing. I'm just hoping that perhaps we can help our members better understand.