Is there a deadline for turning in I-864 forms?

Hi THere,

My wife and I have received the paperwork to begin the 2nd process of her application on November 18, 2008. We haven't finish collected all the data for it. Is there a deadline to turn this back into the embassy?

Thanks,

Curtlives

I think you need to share more info on your exact part of the process you are at. I looked at previous posts and it seems you filed direct to BJ, what we call a DCF?

If so, once it was approved by them, it goes to Guangzhou... so the embassy is no longer a part of the process, but the US Consulate in GZ.

I am guessing your saying your at the P3 stage, 2nd part of the process.

THere is about a 1 year deadline to return P3 materials... which now includes the notarial translations. but I won't say more till you clarify if this is the point you are at.

I think you need to share more info on your exact part of the process you are at. I looked at previous posts and it seems you filed direct to BJ, what we call a DCF?

If so, once it was approved by them, it goes to Guangzhou... so the embassy is no longer a part of the process, but the US Consulate in GZ.

I am guessing your saying your at the P3 stage, 2nd part of the process.

THere is about a 1 year deadline to return P3 materials... which now includes the notarial translations. but I won't say more till you clarify if this is the point you are at.

Well, we filled in Guangzhou. We passed the first step and received the paperwork for the DS-230 and I-864 Affidavit of Support. So is this what you were referring to as P3 materials?

Curtlives

-cut-

The problem with the 1 year deadline, is some documents expire. For example I believe the police report is good only for 6 months and some notrization is good for a limited time too. I am not 100% sure but you might want to check.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)
Guest Pommey

-cut-

The problem with the 1 year deadline, is some documents expire. For example I believe the police report is good only for 6 months and some notrization is good for a limited time too. I am not 100% sure but you might want to check.

Police certificate is good for 1 year. :)