letter explaining DCF

David,

Thanks for the input. It will come in handy.

Dear Sir or Madam,

At present, I am still living in China and working as an English Teacher. I plan on going back to the US once Wang ZiYi has his visa in hand. I will have a job upon my arrival at Unique Travel. I will be working as a Marketing Analyst with a salary of 50k a year. We will be staying at 7472 Deltawind Drive, Sacramento, CA 95831 with my mother. I have provided evidence for domicile with the following:

1) bank statements

-Golden 1 Credit Union

-School¡¯s Financial Credit Union

2) TIAA-CREF retirement portfolio

3) Future Employer¡¯s letter

4) Tizzy Wu (mother¡¯s) letter

5) Copy of current driver¡¯s license

6) Current Employer¡¯s letter

Were you at your mom's prior to going to china? If so, I'd say 'I plan on returning to my US residence at....". Show a lease agreement or letter state your monthly payments or the living arrangment. Get a letter for sure.

Current employer's letter? In china? I'm not sure what that does... you need to show US employment !

A letter of commitment from a prospective employer is not too strong really... ultimately, your not employed and not working there; anybody could back out of agreement.

But, I would include a letter of commitment from them... but ultimately, you will probably need a joint sponsor anyways. the prospective job will not serve much use towards assuring the VO; a joint sponsor is the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cguo7,

I DCF'd, and I'd add that, to prove domicile, I just showed my bank statements from an account in the US for the past year, plus plane tickets back to the US on visits home.

I did include a letter about our plans once we returned, but they never asked for it, so it wasn't really an issue. I was working at a corporation in China back then, and I didn't have any "guarantee of work" back in the US. But I did show I got a salary here and bank statements from China to show I was financially able to support my husband.

I guess this is probably too late, but hope it helps.

thanks for the info. jocelyn. I'm curious, was your hubby a member of the CCP at the time of interview? If he was, did the VO ask? My hubby still is and I hear quite a lot of people are getting automatic blue slips for this reason. Thanks!

CG

Hi cguo7,

I DCF'd, and I'd add that, to prove domicile, I just showed my bank statements from an account in the US for the past year, plus plane tickets back to the US on visits home.

I did include a letter about our plans once we returned, but they never asked for it, so it wasn't really an issue. I was working at a corporation in China back then, and I didn't have any "guarantee of work" back in the US. But I did show I got a salary here and bank statements from China to show I was financially able to support my husband.

He wasn't, so I can't really speak to this. But if he was, you should be able to provide some kind of evidence that explains he did so for work or some other superficial reason. You'd probably need to do a search here or ask other people b/c I don't know exactly what you'd need.

thanks for the info. jocelyn. I'm curious, was your hubby a member of the CCP at the time of interview? If he was, did the VO ask? My hubby still is and I hear quite a lot of people are getting automatic blue slips for this reason. Thanks!

CG

Hi cguo7,

Hope this isn't too late -

1. show a rental agreement at your mom's address, with both of your names on it as rentors, and your mother listed as the landlord, with a date from two months ago. Private rental agreements are easy to make.

Have your Mom sign it and then either fax it to you, or have her get into Kinko's , scan the whole thing, and email the pages to you.

2. Show a private lease agreement on the car, in both of your names, same setup as #1.

Just cause all of this is at mom's address is NO REASON to invalidate domicile, lease agreement, or lease of car.

Good Luck !