Interview concern??

On behalf of my friend whose K3 interview is rapidly approaching, I am asking the experts for advice on the subject of multiple marriages.

My friend, counting this latest marriage, has been married 5 times.

I know that multiple marriages do not sit well with the GUZ.

I do not know much about the previous 4, but I know that he truly loves his present wife.

What can he do between now and his wife's interview (she has recv'd P4) to prepare his wife so that she can address this potential issue?

Thank you,

-Squonk

On behalf of my friend whose K3 interview is rapidly approaching, I am asking the experts for advice on the subject of multiple marriages.

I do not know much about the previous 4, but I know that he truly loves his present wife.

What can he do between now and his wife's interview (she has recv'd P4) to prepare his wife so that she can address this potential issue?

Thank you,

-Squonk

It's pretty late in the process, in case your friend didn't address this in his initial application.

I would hand write a letter of evolution of relationship letter and get it notorized. Address the previous marriages in the EOR letter. Also, make sure his lady CLEARLY understand his previous divorces, she may well be asked questions about the ex's, like divorce dates, reason's for divorces, length of marriages, etc.

Good luck to them both.

tsap seui

Thank you,

-Squonk

It's pretty late in the process, in case your friend didn't address this in his initial application.

I would hand write a letter of evolution of relationship letter and get it notorized. Address the previous marriages in the EOR letter. Also, make sure his lady CLEARLY understand his previous divorces, she may well be asked questions about the ex's, like divorce dates, reason's for divorces, length of marriages, etc.

Good luck to them both.

tsap seui

The friend needs to try to locate the addresses and SSN's of all the previous spouses as that is one of the things listed on the interview letter.

Thank you,

-Squonk

Good luck to them both.

tsap seui

The friend needs to try to locate the addresses and SSN's of all the previous spouses as that is one of the things listed on the interview letter.

The P4 asks the beneficiary for the addresses and SSN's of the petitioners ex's ?

Aren't the 'evidentiary guidelines' the same for K-1 as K-3 ?

I remember for K-1, one had to submit official copies of divorce decrees at GUZ interview day.

IMO, with 4 prior marriages, I think the VO is gonna look hard at trip count and durations, income level and I-134 'stuff, and the duration betwen the last 'divorce granted date' and the I-130 first filing date.

She'll need to be fully prepped, imo, with these divorce decrees in hand, and maybe also have a one page sheet that has the names, dates and durations (and study this prior to interview day).

Now, ya didn't tell us HIS age, so maybe it might appear as 'normal' - ya know - 8 year durations on each, with a 2 year break in between (ya, I hear ya, what is 'normal' anyway?) .

My brain is fuzzy, I hope someone else will chime in ?

Thank you,

-Squonk

Good luck to them both.

tsap seui

The P4 asks the beneficiary for the addresses and SSN's of the petitioners ex's ?

GZ can and has ask for this in the past.

It seems as thought this is a common question lately with multiple Marriage.

That could result in a BLUE/WHITE

Ya need to get this info ASAP!!

Yeah, I know that this does not look good.

I told him quite awhile ago that he should have the data like SSN's and last known addresses of his previous wives readily available for his new wifes interview.

He stated that he does not have this info and does not know where to begin to try to find it.

IHMO, his success will mostly count on how long since his most recent divorce and how long he knew this woman before they married. Also it matters if any of his exes were Chinese.

If there has been a lengthy time between his last divorce and a lengthy courtship before this marriage then he would stand an average chance of getting a visa. If conditions are otherwise, then I say his chances are very slim.

Out of respect for my friend, I do not want to provide the details of his case, but let's just say that it will be a miracle if his fiancee is awarded a visa.

At this moment in time, he is not focused on the task at hand.

He would rather waste precious energy and time being combative and argumentative about why he has to do so many things for this interview.

Most likely he will learn the hard way.

He applied for K-3 visa.

If this gets white slipped, what are his options?

Thank you,

-Squonk

Yeah, I know that this does not look good.

I told him quite awhile ago that he should have the data like SSN's and last known addresses of his previous wives readily available for his new wifes interview.

He stated that he does not have this info and does not know where to begin to try to find it.

With that attitude, no wonder he has been married 5 times.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Out of respect for my friend, I do not want to provide the details of his case, but let's just say that it will be a miracle if his fiancee is awarded a visa.

At this moment in time, he is not focused on the task at hand.

He would rather waste precious energy and time being combative and argumentative about why he has to do so many things for this interview.

Most likely he will learn the hard way.

He applied for K-3 visa.

If this gets white slipped, what are his options?

Thank you,

-Squonk

Hard to know. Always depends on the reason for denial. As others have stated, he should have addressed his previous marriages in his original petition. As far as having multiple marriages in your background, I've never seen a single item in the adjudication process that directly or indirectly states that a petitioner is held to a higher level or scrutiny for being married a bunch of times. As long as he doesn't have a history of domestic violence, or other law enforcement problems, and ended his previous marriages legally, and provided evidence of both marriage and divorce, I don't believe it will be a problem. However, if the guy proves to be a shady character, with a documented history proving it, that would be another deal entirely.

• 1 month later...

My friend pulled a miracle out of his hat.

He finally listened to me at the 11th hour.

Drew up an EOR letter and a letter that explained the demise of his previous marriages which included a K1 from a different Asian country.

Had them notarized at the GUZ the day before his interview.

After a benign interview, his wife and steps-son are now happily living here in States.

I recall at least three members, over the past two years, who had four to five marriages, some of them to foreign nationals, and each received pink at interview time. One, is still semi-active, the other two have not posted in many months.

One of these members was at one of the ACH's I attended. I remember he confided in me that he was worried. He received pink the next day, and is doing fine.

The others, I just remember from their posts, and/or PM's.

As many have stated before, each case is unique. Some issues are triggers for some people and not for others. Just like age differences and divorce being final date, vs. marriage date, etc.