nearing the end of NSC

Since I am now over 160 days waiting for NSC I suppose i'ts time to get off my lazy butt and start preparing for the next phase of this process. Most of the links I have are rather old and I'm not sure what changes have been made since the INS became BCIS. Any pointers will be received with undying gratitude.

Carl

Carl,

I can appreciate your desire to do more. Alas, you've done all you can for a while.

You should post when you get NOA #2 and start fishing around for information about NVC timelines on CFL. A few weeks after getting NOA #2, call NVC and get your GUZ number. You'll need to talk to flesh and blood to get it. Then, come the weekly calls to NVC to learn when your case has cleared and been sent to GZ. THEN, comes the DHL tracking. When GZ picks up the mail from customs, that is when you send an occasional email to GZ to find out if they have your case. Your next efforts will be made when your Bing gets P3.

We are all set for our interview...I'm sure of it. But, I still feel I should be doing more. I have to trust JM has done the paperwork perfectly and I know the documentation I've recently sent her is more than enough. Just relax, buddy. You're doing great.

Dave

Your right of course. I do want to do more. After 5 1/2 months of twiddeling my thumbs I want something to finally happen. My biggest worry right now is getting everything in order for Bing so she can fill out

P-3.

Your right of course. I do want to do more.  After 5 1/2 months of twiddeling my thumbs I want something to finally happen.  My biggest worry right now is getting everything in order for Bing  so she can fill out  

P-3.

Carl,

When you look at my timeline and see when I joined CFL, it appears that I am a veteran. I STILL feel like a rookie. I listen to Don, Mick, , tlee99, and Enight very carefully...they are the true pros. But, since I've passed most hurdles so far, I feel I have something valid to offer. We made a mistake or two along the way but we're still in the running. As time passes, you'll become a sage, experienced CFL member and offer your experiences to those who follow. That's the beauty of CFL. Old members sit back and watch (sort of) and those of us who are currently fighting can offer others what we learn.

I fully expect to disappear after JM gets here. I won't have the luxury of time to enjoy CFL like I do now (but I'll never go away completely). You will until Bing gets here. After that, you'll pop in from time to time to enjoy a sliver of what this forum has to offer.

Hang in there...it does end eventually. Trust me!!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/biglaugh.gif

Dave

A few weeks after getting NOA #2, call NVC and get your GUZ number.  You'll need to talk to flesh and blood to get it.  Then, come the weekly calls to NVC to learn when your case has cleared and been sent to GZ.

Patience is a virtue :D

Yes, after 6 months, and not knowing how many more months you will have to wait, the patience begins to run short. I can't imagine how much patience will be left if I hit an entire year waiting. :o

I am convinced that it took the BCIS 5 1/2 months just to open my application.

Once you get the notice of acceptance from BCIS, give the NVC a month or so to do the processing, then call for a status report. Perhaps call back every other week or so, rather than weekly.

You don't want to pull too many staff people away from actually reading your application do you?

:o

The Moscow Embassy will respond to e-mails for status updates:

consulmo@state.gov

I assume that the Chinese Embassy has a similar e-mail address.

Again, please don't abuse their help as I would like them to be able to dedicate as much time as possible to processing my application!!! :B

-- Clifford --

The Moscow Embassy will respond to e-mails for status updates:

consulmo@state.gov

I assume that the Chinese Embassy has a similar e-mail address.

Again, please don't abuse their help as I would like them to be able to dedicate as much time as possible to processing my application!!!  :B

-- Clifford --

Clifford,

Seems there are differences between Moscow and GZ. Emails have become a joke at GZ. Whereas I'd get a response the next day when I started emailing in June, people are lucky to get anything 50% of the time. And if they do, it's several days later.

And, regarding NVC, I'm convinced they have people on the switchboard just to answer calls. It takes up to an hour to get to a person. If one is willing to wait that long, I don't think it takes anyone away from processing petitions. But, I don't disagree about calling every other week. Why torture yourself? It'll get through there eventually whether you call or not. But, I tell you......when the day comes and you call only to hear those words "Your case has cleared and it's been forwarded to GZ".......what a day that is! Alas, then comes the chaos of customs. Oi Vey!

Carl, do you check the status of your case online with BCIS? All that's needed is your MSC and LIN receipt numbers. Has NVC assigned a GUZ number to your case yet? I think the 150 to 180 day processing time is the time stated on your initial I-130 notice. My guess is that processing time has changed and is now much longer. If you don't have the BCIS link I will send it to you.