Green Card Arrived

Guest ShaQuaNew

My husband's 10 year green card arrived in the mail Friday. I actually expected this process to take 13 months, so we finished about 2 months earlier than I thought. Next step, citizenship.

:drunk: Congratulations! B)

That was fast! Must have been out of California....

Nope. We are in Texas and then we were transferred to (I could be wrong) I think the Vermont Service Center. It's been a while since I got that email and I can't find it in my inbox. But, I think we were transferred to Vermont.

It went much smoother than I thought. I was afraid because we don't own property together (due to the fact that we are both in college so we live in an apartment) and we don't have kids yet (refer to same reason for not owning property). But, we never got an RFE or anything. So, we are very thankful and excited it went so quickly and smoothly.

Nope. We are in Texas and then we were transferred to (I could be wrong) I think the Vermont Service Center. It's been a while since I got that email and I can't find it in my inbox. But, I think we were transferred to Vermont.

It went much smoother than I thought. I was afraid because we don't own property together (due to the fact that we are both in college so we live in an apartment) and we don't have kids yet (refer to same reason for not owning property). But, we never got an RFE or anything. So, we are very thankful and excited it went so quickly and smoothly.

I'm assuming you're young (relatively) and close in age since you're both still in college? So probably no previous marriages? If so, I'm guessing those factors played a role as well. Congrats, whatever it was. :blink:

We did ours out of California. Mailed the application on Jan 20th, Biometrics on Feb 26th in Spokane, and 10 year card in hand today, 3/24, postmarked March 21st. Total time was 60 days!!!

Congrats!

A lot of Texans were transferred to Vermont and Vermont has picked up their paced in processing a little bit.