I am currently pregnant with my boyfriend's baby. I want to apply a U.S. visa for him so that we can be together. I am now holding green card. We heard that there are two types of visas for immigration that might fit us, fiance visa, which would be faster, and marriage visa, which takes longer processing time. I want him to come and be with me as soon as possible. But I heard that the fiance visa is more difficult to get compared to marriage visa. Now we both are not sure which kind of visa we should apply. Please help. Thanks a lot.

If you're not a US Citizen, then there is a long wait.

If you apply after you become a US Citizen, then plan on 7 months to 13 months, depending ....

If you are both in the USA, then you MIGHT 'get by' by filing an I-130, with an attorney in your pocket.

Are you both Chinese ? He's not in USA? Want to be together quickly ? Move to New Zealand or Singapore ... and.. Good Luck !!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

First off there is no K-1 Fiancee visa for green card holders. You would have to marry then file an I-130 for spouse. The California Service center is processing I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 From July 01, 2005. If you have been a green card holder for 5 years you could apply for US citizenship. This would take from 5-12 months. If you married now you could file the I-130 for spouse then notify the USCIS when you are a US citizen which would probably be your fastest route. If you were to file for citizenship now I would estimate it would take at least 2 years before your sweetheart could join you.