questions after P2

Background:

on the letter notifying us that our case was sent to the NVC, it says our records indicate that the beneficiary is XYZ and if this address is not correct, to send the correct address to the NVC immediately.

Now, this address is in English, so I doubt he will ever receive anything sent to this address as it is written (his name is also at the top, not even surname first so I am sure it's just completely undeliverable...but maybe one day it will arrive there...). So, yes, the address is correct, but it's not really the best way to mail him something.

Which leads me to these Questions:

1) Do I need to provide NVC w/ the address in Chinese in response to the DS-3032? Or does it NOT matter b/c he has already sent the choice of address & agent DS-3032 form w/ my information in the US.

2) Later on, when the case eventually lands at GUZ, do they use the address in Chinese to send materials? (i.e. that's why they are asking for it again in supplement 3?)

3) He sent in the DS-3032 from China & I paid the AOS bill of 70 bucks. So now, I know I need to send NVC my support info per the instructions on the DOS website, but what else am I waiting to receive in the mail? Is it the next package/invoice asking for Applicant Document Processing, which is on an independant track from when I mail in my support documents and just waiting on NVC to receive his signed D-3032?

4) Just to clarify, it is the petitioner or beneficiary who signs supplemental GUZ pack 3?

Ok, that's all I can think of for now....I am trying to time if it is worth it for him to mail me his notarized documents, or for me to just pick them up when I go back out there in 2 months...hmmm

Oh yeah, just other General info:

Also, as an FYI, it says the AOS is sent to both the beneficiary & Petitioner and that while only the applicant can sign it, you may send or fax a copy of the enclosed form to the applicant, if you learn that he or she has not received it. Anyway, he has definitely not received it (so far)...The only thing bad about faxing it is that the bar code seems a bit unclear. But at least the case number is legible. We'll see if this causes any problems... :lol:

Edited by baobeizhu (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

See my comments and questions inline and in red italic....

Background:

on the letter notifying us that our case was sent to the NVC, it says our records indicate that the beneficiary is XYZ and if this address is not correct, to send the correct address to the NVC immediately.

Now, this address is in English, so I doubt he will ever receive anything sent to this address as it is written (his name is also at the top, not even surname first so I am sure it's just completely indeliverable...but maybe one day it will arrive there...). So, yes, the address is correct, but it's not really the best way to mail him something.

1) Do I need to provide NVC w/ the address in Chinese? Or does it NOT matter b/c he has already sent the choice of address & agent DS-3032 form w/ my information.

Yes. A Chinese address should be written using Chinese characters.

2) Later on, when the case eventually lands at GUZ, do they use the address in Chinese to send materials? (i.e. that's why they are asking for it again in supplement 3?)

Yes. They will send to the Chinese address; so make sure that it is correct using Chinese characters.

3) He sent in the DS-3032 from China & I paid the AOS bill of 70 bucks. So now, I know I need to send NVC my support info per the instructions on the DOS website, but what else am I waiting to receive in the mail? Is it the next package/invoice asking for Applicant Document Processing, which is on an independant track from when I mail in my support documents and just waiting on NVC to receive his signed D-3032?

4) Just to clarify, it is the petitioner or beneficiary who signs supplemental GUZ pack 3?

Ok, that's all I can think of for now....I am trying to time if it is worth it for him to mail me his notarized documents, or for me to just pick them up when I go back out there in 2 months...hmmm

Because I am familiar with mostly the K1 process, questions 3-4 would be best answered by someone with experience with your type of visa.

Also, as an FYI, it says the AOS is sent to both the beneficiary & Petitioner and that while only the applicant can sign it, you may send or fax a copy of the enclosed form to the applicant, if you learn that he or she has not received it. Anyway, he has definitely not received it (so far)...The only thing bad about faxing it is that the bar code seems a bit unclear. But at least the case number is legible. We'll see if this causes any problems... :lol:

My comments are in green, and probably opposite of ShaquaNew's - he did a K-1 - I'm doing a CR-1 - my focus is totally different than his.

Background:

Send the GIV Supplement 3 file - see http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...T-0003-0903.pdf for the file, fill it out in chinese characters, send it into NVC - they'll forward it on to GUZ

Now, this address is in English, so I doubt he will ever receive anything sent to this address as it is written (his name is also at the top, not even surname first so I am sure it's just completely undeliverable...but maybe one day it will arrive there...). So, yes, the address is correct, but it's not really the best way to mail him something.

1) Do I need to provide NVC w/ the address in Chinese in response to the DS-3032? Or does it NOT matter b/c he has already sent the choice of address & agent DS-3032 form w/ my information in the US.

2) Later on, when the case eventually lands at GUZ, do they use the address in Chinese to send materials? (i.e. that's why they are asking for it again in supplement 3?) yup - all in chinese, sent to him in china - but what is that, really? it's only the p-4

time to read James' shortcuts over at

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...'s_Shortcut -- note - there's more to do, that 70 dollar fee was just the first step.

Petitioner

now is the the time for you to send in the original documents to the NVC, along with a copy. see http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html and all of the 7 pages this site has for NVC processing. Things Have Changed and NVC is gathering up original documents now.

Also, as an FYI, it says the AOS is sent to both the beneficiary & Petitioner and that while only the applicant can sign it, you may send or fax a copy of the enclosed form to the applicant, if you learn that he or she has not received it. Anyway, he has definitely not received it (so far)...The only thing bad about faxing it is that the bar code seems a bit unclear. But at least the case number is legible. We'll see if this causes any problems... :ph34r:

- ya - that's one thing extra you have to pay attention to, sorry

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)