Past K1 fiancee visa

Guest Se_Lang

I am sorry about 3 in a row I need more blue thingys but it is not a law yet so PJ dont worry

here is last action

Latest Major Action: 7/25/2003 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

Se_Lang,

Hehe, no problem, I'm glad that you got this information for me. Glad to hear it's not a bill yet. Honestly, I really didn't expect to be back in the process so soon, but I guess I am impulsive and emotionally-driven.

Actually, even if this was already a law, it states ...

`(2) A United States citizen or a legal permanent resident may not file more than 1 application for a visa under section 101(a)(15)(K)(i) in any 1-year period.'.

Since the process took so long the first time, it's already been far more than a year since I filed for my now ex-fiancee.

Thanks,

P.J.

My experience has been that having two K-1 petitions on file at one time can create problems. This situation arose when the first relationship fell apart and the Chinese fiancee met another USC and he filed a second K-1 petitioner for her. At the interview a problem came up about having two K-1 petitions on record. The first petition had never been cancelled and the woman did not know how to reach the first fiance.

The lady is jumping through hoops.