Best Source of Visa processing times for K-1

This source shows all countries so perhaps it does not reflect the current back up of applications in China. The USCIS information shows December 31 times so always seems to be 3 months out fo date.

Is there any better source of information. I know YMMV but this is a LONG PROCESS and it would be nice to know when you near some of the milestones along the way. My future wife is getting VERY DISCOURAGED.

What can I do to keep her spirits up? I cannot got to China now because of work & home commitments (buying new house for us and work projects are backed up).

Any advice? Seems like no progress has been made since we got NOA1 for K-1 in early December. Thanks for listening.

This source shows all countries so perhaps it does not reflect the current back up of applications in China. The USCIS information shows December 31 times so always seems to be 3 months out fo date.

Is there any better source of information. I know YMMV but this is a LONG PROCESS and it would be nice to know when you near some of the milestones along the way. My future wife is getting VERY DISCOURAGED.

What can I do to keep her spirits up? I cannot got to China now because of work & home commitments (buying new house for us and work projects are backed up).

Any advice? Seems like no progress has been made since we got NOA1 for K-1 in early December. Thanks for listening.

Put your time line down, please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Dec 31 date shows that YOU are a couple of weeks out of date. You should be looking at your NOA2 any time now, if you are looking at processing times for your center, but I'm seeing times of 6 months.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp...WuoXbxEhjE1Juas

VJ as a candle filter for their timeline system.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=1

Yes it is the best statistical analisys of visa timing. I used it a few years ago and estimated out interview date within a few days of actual.

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. My fiancee keeps talking to "experts" that say we should do this or that. I thought she would calm down after NOA2, but no such luck. As dnoblett pointed out, Visa Journey is an excellent source and it allows you to filter by country and similar timelines. In my case, my fiancee was invited to leave her parent's house when we got engaged, so she is all alone now, which makes it worse. After leaving her for less than 2 weeks, she was already begging for me to return. It's difficult to explain to her that I only have so much vacation and we have a ways to go yet.

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. My fiancee keeps talking to "experts" that say we should do this or that. I thought she would calm down after NOA2, but no such luck. As dnoblett pointed out, Visa Journey is an excellent source and it allows you to filter by country and similar timelines. In my case, my fiancee was invited to leave her parent's house when we got engaged, so she is all alone now, which makes it worse. After leaving her for less than 2 weeks, she was already begging for me to return. It's difficult to explain to her that I only have so much vacation and we have a ways to go yet.

This source has a bigger selection of China-specific timelines

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=482729

This source has a bigger selection of China-specific timelines

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=482729

I had tried the link before and it wouldn't work. I just saw the timelines for the first time. Looks great. Before NOA2, VJ might be the better place because there are so many more people to make it statistically valid and timely, but after NOA2, the better source is in the timelines in your link.

a proper expectation needs to be shared by both the USC and chinese national... which includes a realistic timeline but also an understanding that the interview is no guarantee of 'pink'.

From the time one meets a person till they can possibly be together.... really don't count on it being less than a year...

First meet online and get to know each other: A few months

File to Interview; 8-10 months; possibly one overcome.

Leave China for US; maybe a month or more.

Guest ShaQuaNew

a proper expectation needs to be shared by both the USC and chinese national... which includes a realistic timeline but also an understanding that the interview is no guarantee of 'pink'.

From the time one meets a person till they can possibly be together.... really don't count on it being less than a year...

First meet online and get to know each other: A few months

File to Interview; 8-10 months; possibly one overcome.

Leave China for US; maybe a month or more.

Agree. You should be ready to invest about 18-24 months. A small investment really when a lifetime is considered. Or, in some cases a few weeks after arrival it goes to hell. Take your time, be patient. I strongly suggest the K-1 route just for safety's sake. Everyone is different of course.