Lawyers in Hong Kong

We will be going to Hong Kong and I know several people here have been that way before. I also heard there is a name of a laywer several people on this board have used. Does anyone have a name and number of someone I can call there to help arrainge everything for us before we go so we don't have to stay there for the 15 days. She cannot stay there 15 days as mainlanders can only stay for 7 days per visit. I do believe she will have to fly there first and sign the paperwork and than we both can return 15 day later and get married.

Any advice or help from those who have gone this way would be great.

Thanks

JS

We will be going to Hong Kong and I know several people here have been that way before. I also heard there is a name of a laywer several people on this board have used. Does anyone have a name and number of someone I can call there to help arrainge everything for us before we go so we don't have to stay there for the 15 days. She cannot stay there 15 days as mainlanders can only stay for 7 days per visit. I do believe she will have to fly there first and sign the paperwork and than we both can return 15 day later and get married.

Any advice or help from those who have gone this way would be great.

Thanks

JS

Didn't you get the name and number that I replied to your emailed with a few weeks ago???

Elsa Law & Co. Solicitors

Á_±Ì‹¸ÂÉŽŸÊ„ÕËù

Room 1602, 16/F Workingbond Commercial Centre

162 Prince Edward Road West, Kowloon.

¾ÅýˆÌ«×ÓµÀÎ÷162Ì–ÈA°îÉ̘IÖÐÐÄ16˜Ç1602ÊÒ

Tel:2309 2178 Fax: 2309 1733

Email: elaw@elsa-law.com

Edited by peterd01 (see edit history)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the name. I will use them to start immediatly. I did not get the message from you a few weeks ago. I checked my inbox several times and I just figured you were out of towm or lost it. Anyway thanks a lot. This will help us.

Let me ask you if I remember correctly, you did marry in HK already and did you get the visa or are you still waiting for interview? I just read your timeline and now see the info.

How long were you in HK and did your wife have to go there first and sign papers?

JS

Edited by jst (see edit history)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the name. I will use them to start immediatly. I did not get the message from you a few weeks ago. I checked my inbox several times and I just figured you were out of towm or lost it. Anyway thanks a lot. This will help us.

Let me ask you if I remember correctly, you did marry in HK already and did you get the visa or are you still waiting for interview? I just read your timeline and now see the info.

How long were you in HK and did your wife have to go there first and sign papers?

JS

Please put your time line down so the rest of the group knows whats happening. All you have to do is read everybodys time line will save you asking questions.

I will work on adding a time line, I was kinda waiting until I got married and sent in the first set of paper work but I may start one now. I just went into edit my profile to try and add a time line. Can you stear me in the right direction. Is it just the signature or what. I'm not sure I was able to figure it out. Thanks

Edited by jst (see edit history)

Hi Peter,

JS

We were in HK for just two days and two nights. You should be aware of what your SO must do when she crosses into HK, my SO had to find a tour group operator to stamp her HK visa at 11pm at night (for a fee..of course).

BTW No my SO didn't have to go early, all the ground work was done before hand by the lawyer. We could have gotten it all done in one day (maybe?).

BTW The following you probably won't need unless your wife is not in the US by tax time next year.. You probably don't know about the form-7 tax stuff do you? ..

BTW.. anyway to who ever is lurking....

While there we went to the embassy and get the wife's passport notarized for income tax purposes (you need a notarized copy to file a form-7) and getting it done at the HK embassy might show on your file. Its best to make an appointment. Make it for the afternoon then you can go to the marriage registry (just a few blocks away) in the morning to get the license, take the tram ride (200 feet from the embassy) to the Peak look-out /restaurants for lunch and do the passport in the afternoon.

I used her for my marriage.. she is very nice..

Hi Peter,

JS

We were in HK for just two days and two nights. You should be aware of what your SO must do when she crosses into HK, my SO had to find a tour group operator to stamp her HK visa at 11pm at night (for a fee..of course).

BTW No my SO didn't have to go early, all the ground work was done before hand by the lawyer. We could have gotten it all done in one day (maybe?).

BTW The following you probably won't need unless your wife is not in the US by tax time next year.. You probably don't know about the form-7 tax stuff do you? ..

BTW.. anyway to who ever is lurking....

While there we went to the embassy and get the wife's passport notarized for income tax purposes (you need a notarized copy to file a form-7) and getting it done at the HK embassy might show on your file. Its best to make an appointment. Make it for the afternoon then you can go to the marriage registry (just a few blocks away) in the morning to get the license, take the tram ride (200 feet from the embassy) to the Peak look-out /restaurants for lunch and do the passport in the afternoon.