Anyone going to LAX from CAN?

Hello all. My sweetie will be making the trip here to the U.S. without me :blink: Unfortunately, I can't afford to go get her. I know she is very nervous about this and I was hoping someone might be making this trip at the same time. She will leave CAN on April 17 at 9:00 p.m. on China Southern. If anyone is traveling at this time, could I prevail upon you to lend a helping hand, should she need one? Feel free to IM.

Thanks to you all for the help we have received here at CFL.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. My sweetie will be making the trip here to the U.S. without me :lol: Unfortunately, I can't afford to go get her. I know she is very nervous about this and I was hoping someone might be making this trip at the same time. She will leave CAN on April 17 at 9:00 p.m. on China Southern. If anyone is traveling at this time, could I prevail upon you to lend a helping hand, should she need one? Feel free to IM.

Can't help you with the company for her but have her to book her own flight from Hong Kong to Los Angles on chinese web site my girl found one way flight June 30th for $344.00 + tax the best I could find was $1,064.00

best wishes to you both

I think she'll be OK -

-- The stewardesses speak Chinese and know how to fill out the I-94 form - Just have her tell them she is 'K-1 visa' on the flight - the senior stewardess knows what to do.

-- once she gets off the plane, she's herded along with the other flight passengers into the Immigration Area -- just follow the person in front of you until you get to the queueing area. There's a restroom right before the queueing area, if she needs it.

-- she can then get into the 'Returning US Citizens' line -- the IO knows what to do, usually this line goes faster. It's not so much a line as it is a fan - there are numerous booths with IO's there. Since it's coming in in the early evening - it should be 'well stocked' with IOs.

-- then it's off to baggage claim - again - just follow the person in front of you - there's also a restroom in this corridor if she needs it. She'll find the trolleys in baggage claim area, get her bags, and exit , talking with a Customs Officer, and giving any customs forms that she may have filled out on the plane.

--then she's out of the International Arrival 'closed space' and you guys can re-unite.

It's straightforward, really.

I think she'll be OK -

-- The stewardesses speak Chinese and know how to fill out the I-94 form - Just have her tell them she is 'K-1 visa' on the flight - the senior stewardess knows what to do.

-- once she gets off the plane, she's herded along with the other flight passengers into the Immigration Area -- just follow the person in front of you until you get to the queueing area. There's a restroom right before the queueing area, if she needs it.

-- she can then get into the 'Returning US Citizens' line -- the IO knows what to do, usually this line goes faster. It's not so much a line as it is a fan - there are numerous booths with IO's there. Since it's coming in in the early evening - it should be 'well stocked' with IOs.

-- then it's off to baggage claim - again - just follow the person in front of you - there's also a restroom in this corridor if she needs it. She'll find the trolleys in baggage claim area, get her bags, and exit , talking with a Customs Officer, and giving any customs forms that she may have filled out on the plane.

--then she's out of the International Arrival 'closed space' and you guys can re-unite.

It's straightforward, really.

Are you sure of this advice you are providing for LAX !? :unsure:

This has not been my observation on my many return trips into LAX on CZ, nor was it my [direct] experience, upon returning with my wife and daughter this past summer. We were directed to a K-visa specific booth by the Customs officer at the USC booth, who stamped my book, but would not process wife and daughter (note: he was very cordial) moreover, this special K-visa booth had 'zero' persons ahead of us.

I will also add, that the Chinese flight attendant told me that my wife and daughter did not need a form I-94, because they had US Visas in their passport. The kind Customs Officer provided me with a couple of I-94's at the 'special' booth for K-visa entries. I wrote about this in detail in another thread a few months back.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Hello all. My sweetie will be making the trip here to the U.S. without me ;) Unfortunately, I can't afford to go get her. I know she is very nervous about this and I was hoping someone might be making this trip at the same time. She will leave CAN on April 17 at 9:00 p.m. on China Southern. If anyone is traveling at this time, could I prevail upon you to lend a helping hand, should she need one? Feel free to IM.

As Charles reports, she will not have any problems at the LAX POE.

As was suggested to my by the Customs officer, when my wife and daughter arrived, he said to hold up the brown DOS envelope in very plain sight as one traverses the immigration area. The Officers will be looking for an individual such as she, and will be there to assist her. Moreover, she can approach any of the Customs officers or the uniformed 'security' guards within the Customs area, for assistance. All she needs to know is "K-1 Visa". They have a few Chinese fluent offiicers at this POE, especially when the CZ flight is scheduled to arrive at Tom Bradley.

And yes, make sure she understands she will need the Form I-94, along with her Customs declaration, filled out on the plane, and placed within the cover of her passport for easy access.

Again, she will be fine, they do many of these each day at this POE. ;)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)