I think I'm the opposite. I like most fruits (pineapple being the notable exception) and dislike most vegetables. Is it canned fruits you dislike, or fresh fruits as well? I don't like canned fruits.

Yes, tomatoes are fruits, as are cucumbers (and other gourds), pumpkins, watermelon, eggplants, etc.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tony n Terrific

As long as you at least eat some oranges you might be able to get thru life that way. I don't understand how anybody could dislike apples. Maybe you just don't like sweet fruit. Have you ever tried a green apple? Come on, you don't like strawberries? Blackberries fresh picked? You don't like mango? Papaya? Oh well, just make sure you get your vitamin C and potassium from oranges.

I don't like apples of any kind. I REALLY hate Strawberries or any berry of any kind. They just gross me out! Mango and Papaya no, hate them too.

Do you like tomatoes? They are fruits.

Really? I do eat tomatoes. B) I thought tomatoes was a vegetable.

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the controversy on May 10, 1893 by declaring that the tomato is a vegetable. Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs.

I think I'm the opposite. I like most fruits (pineapple being the notable exception) and dislike most vegetables. Is it canned fruits you dislike, or fresh fruits as well? I don't like canned fruits.

Yes, tomatoes are fruits, as are cucumbers (and other gourds), pumpkins, watermelon, eggplants, etc.

I hate Fresh,Canned,mashed,grilled,fried, ect.........

John, you are not doing so bad. You like orange juice, watermelon, and tomatoes. Watermelons and tomatoes are not exactly fruits, but they are like fruit. Do you like any other melons?

Maybe your system is on the acidic side. Fruits tend to make your system more acidic, and vegetables tend to make your system more alkaline. That could be why you like the veggies and not the fruit. Stick with the veggies, and don't worry about the fruit. Oh and take the vitamins. :cheering:

wei - JOHN - guess what ??? Jack in da Boxen has Pomegranit Smoothies - go try one !!! (I just saw it today) if it tastes like @ss, send me a PM with yer paypal ID / email - I'll refund the 3.59 to ya electronically.

John, you are not doing so bad. You like orange juice, watermelon, and tomatoes. Watermelons and tomatoes are not exactly fruits, but they are like fruit. Do you like any other melons?

Maybe your system is on the acidic side. Fruits tend to make your system more acidic, and vegetables tend to make your system more alkaline. That could be why you like the veggies and not the fruit. Stick with the veggies, and don't worry about the fruit. Oh and take the vitamins. :lol:

I like the stuff that is in salads like cucumbers, radishes, letuce, etc...

wei - JOHN - guess what ??? Jack in da Boxen has Pomegranit Smoothies - go try one !!! (I just saw it today) if it tastes like @ss, send me a PM with yer paypal ID / email - I'll refund the 3.59 to ya electronically.

Jack in da boxen? We don't have anything like that here were I live. thanks anyway, I appreciate it. :blink:

No 'Jack in the Box' in your area ? really? yikes ! it's a burger chain, has 'Jumbo Jack' as it's sandwich loss leader.

But I digress - it's da resturant with the guy with da 'ball' head. - is not any in your area ?

Pomegranit smoothie - try it today !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

No 'Jack in the Box' in your area ? really? yikes ! it's a burger chain, has 'Jumbo Jack' as it's sandwich loss leader.

But I digress - it's da resturant with the guy with da 'ball' head. - is not any in your area ?

Pomegranit smoothie - try it today !

No "Jack in the box" sorry not in my area, thanks anyway! :)

As long as you at least eat some oranges you might be able to get thru life that way. I don't understand how anybody could dislike apples. Maybe you just don't like sweet fruit. Have you ever tried a green apple? Come on, you don't like strawberries? Blackberries fresh picked? You don't like mango? Papaya? Oh well, just make sure you get your vitamin C and potassium from oranges.

I don't like apples of any kind. I REALLY hate Strawberries or any berry of any kind. They just gross me out! Mango and Papaya no, hate them too.

Do you like tomatoes? They are fruits.

Really? I do eat tomatoes. :) I thought tomatoes was a vegetable.

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the controversy on May 10, 1893 by declaring that the tomato is a vegetable. Due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs.

So is a Tomato a fruit or a Vegetable? :) This is confusing. :blink:

The answer is yes.

Yes, it's confusing and yes, a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable. :)