• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John - well hei - don't give up on the juicer - you can add stuff to it, change the taste a bit..

But - I just checked in with the FDA - in the Fruits Department - ya know what they told me??? (ROFL) - Uh,, Juice Hates You back.. (I'm teasing, of course).

Seriously, you can do some crazy things with a juicer - put them fresh fruits into a juicer, don't take off the skin, add some ginger n stir briskly. Very Nice Taste.. My serutan comment was only if you were old cranky person, don't take offense, la.

If she sees you have an interest in juicing, maybe she won't fret so much (which is kinda the point, ya.. )

Be Good !

I have a problem, my wife thinks I must eat fruit, well, I hate it! I don't like it in any shape or form. I lied, I do like oranges, but everything else is a big NO WAY! My dog eats more fruit than I do. She just does not understand that when I tell her I hate it, I mean I hate it. She tells me to try it and you need to eat it. Well again I don't like it and I don't want it. Anyone else have this issue? :blink:

My future wife explained how it works to me - (1) she prepares the food and (2) I come to the table to eat it with her and don't give her any trouble. :blink:

She is an excellent cook and I know that she is just watching out for my health because she loves me so I am prepared for a variety of new foods. Fortunately I do like fruit, vegetables and most Chinese food. I'm not the big fan of fungus and some other things she thinks are necessary for my health but once she explained the health benefits of eating it, I learned to tolerate it.

She explained to me (maybe some of the Chinese folks here will agree or disagree with this statement) that in Chinese culture, what you eat is part of keeping you healthy. So that is why you eat some oils, some nuts (she loves those little sunflower seeds), some fish or tofu, some fruit, some fungus etc. It is all part of a balanced diet to keep you healthy. Kind of preventative maintenance for the human body.

When she tells me she cooks this way for me because she wants us to be healthy and together for a long, long time - it just melts my heart. I would eat sawdust if she put it in front of me. Her cooking is very, very good and now I am learning to like things I never thought I would like.

I did tell her that when she gets here I cannot eat all 21 weekly meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner x 7 days) of only Chinese food. I could not eat 21 meals a week of only American food either. I think 15 to 18 meals a week of Chinese food will be good, then the rest I hope she can learn to cook European, Other Asian (Thai, Vietnamese, Indian) Mexican, Cuban and American foods for some variety. I think she learn to do this because she is very clever and she lived in Europe for several years.

Fruit is not bad and you do not have to just eat apples or pears. Try apples, grapes, cherrys, peaches, pineapples cut up and tossed in a salad. Or how about grilled pineapple and apple over a grill? Also try it with yogurt or frozen yogurt or in breakfast cereal. An apple a day...!

Good luck!

I do like Vegetables! I eat about 99% of all Vegetables and I do eat many kinds of food, it is just those HORRIFING FRUITS!!!

Love most fruit, but by the end of the summer in China I was so sick of freaking watermelon after every meal.

Grapefruit is about the only fruit that I consistently avoid.

Grapefruit! YUK!!! that IS one of the worst! I would rather run in front of a train then eat that thing!!! YUKKKKK!!!!

Is watermelon a fruit? :blink: I do like watermelon. :blink:

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)

My house is filled with fruit, we go to the Hong Kong market and she fills the cart half filled with all types of fruit. She eats it all day long. YUK!!

Hope this is the worst of your problems :blink:

yea, she just laughs at me all day and night anyway. For some reason she thinks I am funny! :blink:

You are the first person I ever heard of that hates all fruit. Perhaps you could make smoothies with orange juice then hold your nose and drink it fast.

I like Orange juice, so that would be the same as a smoothie, right? :blink:

Smoothies are great - can make with ice cream or milk or **gasp** yogurt... vodka optional, of course.

Start with the output of yer juicer, toss it in a blender, add milk , vodka, etc...

Maybe it's time to watch the Jack LaLaine Infomercial, the next time it's on?

If you want a cheap way of 'testing' - get to a bodega or a latino fresh fruit place, ask em to make you a fresh squeezed something - and add a pinch of raw chili pepper to it during the blend - (it won't burn your mouth, just kills the fruit taste) then see if you like it - thats only 5 bucks to waste, for a test.

If I seem pushy about it, well, sorry - but it's two fold, really -

1. you will live longer, over time and

2. you show her that yer listening to what she wants to do, she will be happy.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Hey John, your wife just wants you to eat the fruit for the vitamins and minerals. You know, so that you will be healthy. Just take a multiple vitamin, and tell her it is fruit in a pill :blink:

Good idea but my wife is wise to that and believes I should just eat fruit. :lol:

take George's example when he eats some mango..."I think it moved!"

i going back in baby!

As long as you at least eat some oranges you might be able to get thru life that way. I don't understand how anybody could dislike apples. Maybe you just don't like sweet fruit. Have you ever tried a green apple? Come on, you don't like strawberries? Blackberries fresh picked? You don't like mango? Papaya? Oh well, just make sure you get your vitamin C and potassium from oranges.

I don't like apples of any kind. I REALLY hate Strawberries or any berry of any kind. They just gross me out! Mango and Papaya no, hate them too.

Do you like tomatoes? They are fruits.

As long as you at least eat some oranges you might be able to get thru life that way. I don't understand how anybody could dislike apples. Maybe you just don't like sweet fruit. Have you ever tried a green apple? Come on, you don't like strawberries? Blackberries fresh picked? You don't like mango? Papaya? Oh well, just make sure you get your vitamin C and potassium from oranges.

I don't like apples of any kind. I REALLY hate Strawberries or any berry of any kind. They just gross me out! Mango and Papaya no, hate them too.

Do you like tomatoes? They are fruits.

Really? I do eat tomatoes. :) I thought tomatoes was a vegetable.

You are the first person I ever heard of that hates all fruit. Perhaps you could make smoothies with orange juice then hold your nose and drink it fast.

I like Orange juice, so that would be the same as a smoothie, right? :)

Smoothies are great - can make with ice cream or milk or **gasp** yogurt... vodka optional, of course.

Start with the output of yer juicer, toss it in a blender, add milk , vodka, etc...

Maybe it's time to watch the Jack LaLaine Infomercial, the next time it's on?

If you want a cheap way of 'testing' - get to a bodega or a latino fresh fruit place, ask em to make you a fresh squeezed something - and add a pinch of raw chili pepper to it during the blend - (it won't burn your mouth, just kills the fruit taste) then see if you like it - thats only 5 bucks to waste, for a test.

If I seem pushy about it, well, sorry - but it's two fold, really -

1. you will live longer, over time and

2. you show her that yer listening to what she wants to do, she will be happy.

It sounds good, but I am wondering about the taste. RAW CHILI pepper? :blink: that does even sound like it would work. Maybe I will try one of those 5 dollar things.

Jack LaLaine, isn't he like a 100 now?

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)