Chinese passport

Hi,

Does anyone's spouse having a hard time to get a Chinese passport issued? My wife asked the police station, the place where people turn in their applications for passport, that they need to have United States' permission for my wife to enter before she could apply for passport. My wife told them that the passport will be used for immigration to US. I got confused about that because she needs to have a passport in order to attend the interview, and then a visa. So my question is when your spouses apply for their passport, what procedure and what stuff they brought in with them? Thank you very much.

Ricky

Go to a different office, in order to get permission to enter the USA, a passport needs to be brought to the consulate to get a VISA attached to it. The consulate cannot issue a visa without the applicant having a passport.

I would print out OF-169 and bring it to the passport office.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...ts_-_OF-169.pdf

If she says she is going to travel, does she need to show some proofs like a flight ticket of a trip from travel agency?

Thanks,

Ricky

your wife should have just applied for a passport, she should only say she need it for travel , never to enter the USA,they did not need to know this

Rick, IMO, your lass was given bogus information at the PSB.

There is no requirement to have any USA government 'thing' to give to a PSB prior to PRC passport Issuance.

Only Need ID Card, Hukuo Book, and pay the fee.

What city is she in? Maybe is real PSB problem in that city? **shrug**

I do remember a problem with another lass in Wuhan, last year - but she had hukuo issues, also recently out of the military - I never knew if it got resolved or no.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Hi,

Does anyone's spouse having a hard time to get a Chinese passport issued? My wife asked the police station, the place where people turn in their applications for passport, that they need to have United States' permission for my wife to enter before she could apply for passport. My wife told them that the passport will be used for immigration to US. I got confused about that because she needs to have a passport in order to attend the interview, and then a visa. So my question is when your spouses apply for their passport, what procedure and what stuff they brought in with them? Thank you very much.

Ricky

Rick.

I think your spouse was given some BS.

Like others have said. try another PS.

When my wife applied for her passport i was standing right next to her at the PS and there where no questions ask why.

the only thing they asked for was.

ID Card, Hukuo Book, and pay the fee.

I forget how much RMB it was back then. It's been awhile.

So my question is when your spouses apply for their passport, what procedure and what stuff they brought in with them?

yeah, my hubby kinda had to go on a wild goose chase...especially b/c in the middle of nowhere people only show up at the office for a few hours a day and then disappear for 'meetings' :unsure:

1) He had already gotten all of our other documents notarized & brought them: marriage, birth, police cert.

2) The lady told him he needed the police cert. from BJ which was BS, b/c he's hukou is not there. He already had his police cert from his hometown, so he argued with her (cuz clearly she didn't know what was up but if he DIDN'T know better and listened to her, then that would have been a real mess) and then he was finally issued the form. But, he had to go back to the PSB he was just at and get the police captain guy's signature/stamp on the form too anyway.

3) He needed to get something in his hukou updated before they would sign his form though. (something was missing in his,the first page or something)

3) He kept getting asked why he's applying for a passport (at PSB & passport office) and would just show our wedding certificate to say he was gonna reunite with me...

4) Go to bank, pay 200 rmb, bring receipt back to passport office. (oh yeah, and at some point he had to take pictures...I forgot what the chinese picture standard is, the US's is of course 2.5x 2.5" (5x5cm)..but China's is different)

Optional: Bring cigarettes too. They come in handy when visiting offices (especially in the countryside...but girls don't really give out cigs, so your wife probably can skip this step)

Overall, if she has a hukou ben, marriage cert, id, and police cert, and gets all the required signatures she will probably be able to get one, but it's not necessarily as easy as just dropping into an office and wala...even if it could/should be since each office can basically give the applicant as hard of a time as they want..

oh yeah, his passport can only be delivered w/in his home province too, so after approx 10 days I guess his family will receive it and just send him some copies of the info page, and then wait until another relative makes another trip to and from beijing (in order not to risk it getting lost in transit... :) )

Overall, it took him about 1 week of running around to get all of our notarized docs and apply for his passport. & Maybe this will be useful (or not), but he spent about 3000 RMB for all of the notarized copies, translations, and documents (4 marriage, 2 birth cert, 2 police, 1 passport) plus train and other transportation, cigarettes, and whatever lil' expenses he encountered. (but he didn't have to pay for room and board of course b/c he was traveling to his hometown and actually has family there)

Edited by baobeizhu (see edit history)

My fiance just went to get her passport in her city and she just took her ID card and haiku. She pais the fee and they asked her where she wanted to travel to and she said to the USA. She said they looked at her real nasty and told her there is no need to go to the USA she is better to stay in china. She told them just to do the passport and mind their own business. She picked up her passport 1 week later.

As my fiancee always says, knowing someone always helps. In my case, my fiancee has an uncle on the police force. He helped her get it in just a few days. She probably would have received it anyway. However, the police refused to issue her a police report. Once again, she had to ask her uncle for a favor. In lieu of that, if all else fails, a little hongbao can go a long ways.