Preparting for P3

My fiancee is waiting on the P3 package. We have tried to prepare as much as possible so that we are ready to send the package back as soon as it arrives. I have a few questions for those that may have tried the same thing.

Her ID is in Wuhan, but she has lived in Shanghai the last couple of years. She went to Wuhan to get the police report, birth certificate, and single certificate. The police didn't want to give her the police report, but, fortunately, she has an uncle in the police force. So, she has everything from Wuhan, but only one copy of everything. The problem is Shanghai. She really doesn't even want to ask for the police report in Shanghai and tells me that it is no use, but the instructions say it is necessary for any place she has lived for 6 months or more. She says the report from Wuhan says it all and that is all she needs according the "professionals" in Wuhan. Is she right? Can she only get a police report from where her ID is located?

Next issue. I followed a link from CFL to the Guangzhou consulate website for the contents of the P3 package. The forms are not the most current available. The modern forms are more convenient. Will the P3 have the modern version or will they be the same as found on the Guangzhou website? If not, will Guangzhou accept the modern forms? I don't know whether to wait until the forms arrive or to start filling out the forms now as found on the Guangzhou website. Any advice?

We prepared for P3 by filling out the DS-230 part 1, and OF-169.

Once we knew that P-3 sas sent out, we sent the prepared docs back to GUZ before we received the P3 packet.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...ts_-_OF-169.pdf

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Mail to the 2 docs nothing more:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

My fiancee is waiting on the P3 package. We have tried to prepare as much as possible so that we are ready to send the package back as soon as it arrives. I have a few questions for those that may have tried the same thing.

Her ID is in Wuhan, but she has lived in Shanghai the last couple of years. She went to Wuhan to get the police report, birth certificate, and single certificate. The police didn't want to give her the police report, but, fortunately, she has an uncle in the police force. So, she has everything from Wuhan, but only one copy of everything. The problem is Shanghai. She really doesn't even want to ask for the police report in Shanghai and tells me that it is no use, but the instructions say it is necessary for any place she has lived for 6 months or more. She says the report from Wuhan says it all and that is all she needs according the "professionals" in Wuhan. Is she right? Can she only get a police report from where her ID is located?

Next issue. I followed a link from CFL to the Guangzhou consulate website for the contents of the P3 package. The forms are not the most current available. The modern forms are more convenient. Will the P3 have the modern version or will they be the same as found on the Guangzhou website? If not, will Guangzhou accept the modern forms? I don't know whether to wait until the forms arrive or to start filling out the forms now as found on the Guangzhou website. Any advice?

She is right about the Police Certificate. It should be for across China. Ask her to check the English Translation in the certificate, it should be worded as no criminal record in China or smilar.

As for your 2nd question, GZ may still use the old forms. But for P3, there is only just 1 form to fill out and mail back. It should only take her few minutes to fill out, so don't really need to fill that form out ahead of time.

Depends on when your P2 was send out from NVC, it may be a little while to get P3. Ours took a little almost 3 months, but there are other been waiting for over 4 months.

Edited by HY020 (see edit history)