Travel Agencies

I need a roundtrip ticket from Shanghai-Pudong to Chengdu. The prices are a tad steep for my taste (although not out of reach). I'd like to show my honey that I can avoid spending money like a drunken sailor if I can (she's an accountant, which makes it even worse).

Any sites I can go to for comparative shopping? So far the best prices have been on ctrip.

Christopher

On past trips to China, I used China-Highlights which is based in Guilin for all domestic travel.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-flights/

You can contact the agent I used by email, explain what you want, and get a quote.

sunny@chinahighlights.com

i found tickets on ctrip to be reasonable, no hangover cure required. If you don't have a ctrip account, you might not be seeing the 'special' fares. pvg-ctu r/t, last week, when i was booking for march, was about 94 usd with fees, taxes, and handling.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

My husband also found iflychina.net -- they have a lot of agents there w/ really good rates. He bought from Saloman Travel, but there were a number of them whose prices were just as close, so you can save easily $50-$100 or more just by calling around -- even if you're going for summer travel.

Tell your wife to contact the agents with the ÔÚÏß״̬ on the page I linked to -- the ones on the 2nd page are rather non-responsive.

yikes - ctrip.com doubled their rates from pvg to ctu for march. thank god i purchased early. i called and asked why - they claimed march was 'high season'. uh huh... right... grrrrr

I have used www.uschinatrip.com multiple times and have been very pleased. They are in Alhambra, CA and Beijing. Email or phone Karen Wang and don't hesitate telling her William McCaw recommended them.

info@uschinatrip.com

626-282-7108

Btw, I was able to get better fare price than quoted on their web site by emailing Karen.