I-864 Poverty Level Question

Good Afternoon,

I am here to ask what is probably another question with an obvious answer, but with something as important as this it is good to hear a second or third opinion. If this has been asked before, I apologize. I did search.

Question: For a two-person household, 125 percent of the poverty level is currently at $17,500. Last year I made in the low $20,000s. Is there any reason to expect that this wouldn't be sufficient in the eyes of whoever will be viewing my forms?

For the I-134 form(s) (if I recall that number correctly), I had my parents file as joint sponsors, but one year has passed since then and I have a full-year's salary to show for it. I am hoping I won't need to bother them this time around.

Thanks for the help.

-Brian

Good Afternoon,

I am here to ask what is probably another question with an obvious answer, but with something as important as this it is good to hear a second or third opinion. If this has been asked before, I apologize. I did search.

Question: For a two-person household, 125 percent of the poverty level is currently at $17,500. Last year I made in the low $20,000s. Is there any reason to expect that this wouldn't be sufficient in the eyes of whoever will be viewing my forms?

For the I-134 form(s) (if I recall that number correctly), I had my parents file as joint sponsors, but one year has passed since then and I have a full-year's salary to show for it. I am hoping I won't need to bother them this time around.

Thanks for the help.

-Brian

You should be good to go. keep in mind this is line 22 of the 1040 Edited by lostinblue (see edit history)

Certainly if a visa officer feels you don't make enough money to support your sweetheart they can come up with a reason to deny. Some people claim it is an issue others say itn isn't My take on it is it shouldn't be an issue but if your income has improved and you can document it, it wouldn't hurt to add it in.