DS 230 Part I questions

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your help. I've got questions on the DS 230 Part I form. Here we go:

21a. Person named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now.

I'm applying for my husband so I am named in 14, and we don't have any kids. Is this question asking if I will accompany my husband to the US at the same time? At this point in time, I do not know if I will go with him to the US at the same time or before him. Should I put "none"?

21b. Person named in 14 and 19 who will follow you to the United States at a later date.

I will definitely not go after my husband. If anything, I will leave for the US before him. Should I put "none"?

22. In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States?

When he arrives in the US, we will probably go to a government funded community center that helps immigrants polish their resumes, interview skills, and find jobs. We don't know how to answer this because he hasn't found a job in the US yet, and his English is basic. That's why we'll go visit the community center first thing. Is it better to put an occupation? Or can we state that we'll attend the community center to find a job? I know it doesn't answer the question directly, but I don't know what to put. Any suggestions?

Edited by cguo7 (see edit history)

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your help. I've got questions on the DS 230 Part I form. Here we go:

21a. Person named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now. N/A

I'm applying for my husband so I am named in 14, and we don't have any kids. Is this question asking if I will accompany my husband to the US at the same time? At this point in time, I do not know if I will go with him to the US at the same time or before him. Should I put "none"?

21b. Person named in 14 and 19 who will follow you to the United States at a later date. N/A

I will definitely not go after my husband. If anything, I will leave for the US before him. Should I put "none"?

22. In what occupation do you intend to work in the United States? UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME

When he arrives in the US, we will probably go to a government funded community center that helps immigrants polish their resumes, interview skills, and find jobs. We don't know how to answer this because he hasn't found a job in the US yet, and his English is basic. That's why we'll go visit the community center first thing. Is it better to put an occupation? Or can we state that we'll attend the community center to find a job? I know it doesn't answer the question directly, but I don't know what to put. Any suggestions?

Good luck with the interview :(

21a has to do with IMMIGRATING at the same time, your spouse is a US citizen so this does not apply so "None"

21b has to do with a spouse or child that will be IMMIGRATING at a later time, "none" or N/A

22 No need to list an occupation.

Hi, thank you.

21a has to do with IMMIGRATING at the same time, your spouse is a US citizen so this does not apply so "None"

21b has to do with a spouse or child that will be IMMIGRATING at a later time, "none" or N/A

22 No need to list an occupation.