GC received without interview

Hello All,

I received my conditional green card in the mail the other day.

When I was filling out the AOS paperwork I research here how to go about to send in the I-693 (I think part :lol:. I elected to not go to a civil doctor and send in the form. Because when my wife arrived at the airport at JFK, she gave the officer the sealed medical package and she was left with the x-rays. She had her medical done with shots done in China and she saw that the doctor had wrote everything in English. Plus I didn't want her to take more repeated medical shots and tests if she doesn't need it. I did call some civil doctors but they all seemed flakey.

So I only included a letter in the AOS package that explained this. I was willing to get back an answer that told us that we will have to get this form done and go to a doctor before the AOS interview, but no interview and they were satisfied with my explanation.

-moonglare

Hello All,

I received my conditional green card in the mail the other day.

When I was filling out the AOS paperwork I research here how to go about to send in the I-693 (I think part :lol:. I elected to not go to a civil doctor and send in the form. Because when my wife arrived at the airport at JFK, she gave the officer the sealed medical package and she was left with the x-rays. She had her medical done with shots done in China and she saw that the doctor had wrote everything in English. Plus I didn't want her to take more repeated medical shots and tests if she doesn't need it. I did call some civil doctors but they all seemed flakey.

So I only included a letter in the AOS package that explained this. I was willing to get back an answer that told us that we will have to get this form done and go to a doctor before the AOS interview, but no interview and they were satisfied with my explanation.

-moonglare

Congratulations !!

I have basically done the same in my wife and daughter's AOS package, I wrote a letter explaining everything and attached the cite's for the changes in law and protocol which impacted us at the time they had their meds completed.

Obviously, you had a solid AOS package to begin with, based on your experience here !! :lol:

Best Wishes !!

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)