1st NOA for I-130 - March 4, 2003

1st NOA for I-129F - March 18, 2003

2nd NOA for I-129F - April 3, 2003

Package mailed from NVC to Embassy - July 8, 2003

Package received at Embassy after customs clearance - August 30, 2003

P3 Received - September 22 or 23, 2003

P3 mailed to Embassy - September 26, 2003

Currently waiting confirmation for receipt of P3

Based on the information above, is the process progressing as expected for someone under the 'new system'?  Do any of you think that she, my wife, could be here before the Christmas holidays?

You're smokin' through the process, dude! You started after me and passed me up! I'm dying for a P3 right now... :angry:

Hey I smoke through the process only to get bog down at GZ for 3 months now. My Time line is

K1

file May 1

1 loa May 5

2 loa may 17 sent to NVC

NVC sent petition to GZ June 5

P3 sent June 27

waiting ever since for finale security clearance

gigibebe,

Three months is a long time to be waiting for P4. Can GZ be more specific about the reason why for the delay? Many people have gotten P4 since June. I would certainly be trying to find out and I am sure you have been.

Good luck and hopefully it will come soon! Keep us posted!

All GZ is telling me is that they are waiting for the finale security clearance. NVC already did their check in May that only toke 3 weeks. The funny thing is that I thought NVC check was the one that would take a long time, but I was wrong, any ideas on how to resolve this

Don't know what to tell you but to just hang in there.

Your case definitely upsets the apple cart...lol, but it sounds to me like it can't be too much longer, i mean, 3 months should be plenty of time to do these checks. We went 10 months from beginning to end.

Again, hang in there and stay positive.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the group. I live near Seattle and my fiance lives in Beijing. We submitted our K1 application in November, received NOA2 in May, P3 received and returned in July and now we are waiting for P4.

My senators office up here in Seattle has been quite helpful in getting information for us.

She did tell me that YES there is a beneficiary background check done after P3, but she didn't know exactly how long the process takes. Calls to the DOS have resulted in some interesting and varied answers. 2 workers tell me that it could be 4-5 more months, while another worker tells me "just a few more weeks".

It all so very frustrating. When I hear back from the senators office I will let everyone know what I find out.