Are all the security checks conducted in NVC? I learned from a 001 message that we can check the status of name check by calling NVC during certain time , the answering machine will tell you status after you input you case number. I tried , but it said they did not have my record. Is the case number NVC requires 3 letters plus 10 digital numbers?

Thank you for help!

I believe that automated system at the NVC does not do Fiancee visas (Listen to the prompts again).

Call the number, then press the choice to talk to a real person (and hope someone answers). Then, give them your information. They should give you some status information, but perhaps not a lot of details.

Good Luck,

----- Clifford -----

Yes, the best I can remember there is a prompt for K visas but it tells you to call back during normal business hours.

You can get hold of a person thru there non-toll free number but then they won't tell you anything other than your case is under security clearance or you case has been mailed to GZ. That's about all one can get from them other then the mailing date and the GUZ number. Be sure to get both when NVC has it.

-good luck

Yes, the best I can remember there is a prompt for K visas but it tells you to call back during normal business hours.

You can get hold of a person thru there non-toll free number but then they won't tell you anything other than your case is under security clearance or you case has been mailed to GZ. That's about all one can get from them.

-good luck

Agree. NVC is in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and is simply a processing center. It is part of DOS. NVC will either tell you security checks are still being done or that your file has been sent to the appropriate U.S. Consulate's Office in the beneficiary's country of residence. They have no other information to give to you. And yes, you must talk to someone; prompts and entering your case number won't work. And unlike BCIS there is no online link with DOS (or NVC) where you can enter your GUZ number (assuming China).

You can get hold of a person thru there non-toll free number but then they won't tell you anything other than your case is under security clearance or you case has been mailed to GZ. That's about all one can get from them.

-good luck

Agree. NVC is in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and is simply a processing center. It is part of DOS. NVC will either tell you security checks are still being done or that your file has been sent to the appropriate U.S. Consulate's Office in the beneficiary's country of residence. They have no other information to give to you. And yes, you must talk to someone; prompts and entering your case number won't work. And unlike BCIS there is no online link with DOS (or NVC) where you can enter your GUZ number (assuming China).

did you contact GZ,NVC sent my case to GZ, and i asked GZ, they told me they are still waiting for name check. that's means NVC & GZ both do name check for my case.

-good luck

did you contact GZ,NVC sent my case to GZ, and i asked GZ, they told me they are still waiting for name check. that's means NVC & GZ both do name check for my case.

Again, I believe there was a change March 1. My I-129F was approved, as noted in my signature block, on February 27, but fell under the new system. I was told my security checks have been completed and my petition for a K3 visa had been sent to GZ. Regarding your case, what you were told, may very well be true, but I'm not so sure it holds true for those after March 1.