Work card finally arrived!

After 3 months painful waiting, my work card finally arrived today. And I am here to share my happiness with everyone.

In the past 1.5 months, I've been working as an Independent contractor translator and interpreter. I haven't got paid a penny yet. That's kind of how we worked out to work for them legally. Get paid all together after I obtain the card. haha... going to be a big check!!!

Today I went to applied for another part-time job in a daycare center. Everything sounds good and I am supposed to start my work soon. My question are: 1)The boss didn't mention the wage and I was not sure whether it is appropriate for me to ask? 2) How much do you guys think I will get paid an hour to work in daycare center? I am sure we will figure this out soon but out of curiosity. :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Joanna

After 3 months painful waiting, my work card finally arrived today. And I am here to share my happiness with everyone.

In the past 1.5 months, I've been working as an Independent contractor translator and interpreter. I haven't got paid a penny yet. That's kind of how we worked out to work for them legally. Get paid all together after I obtain the card. haha... going to be a big check!!!

Today I went to applied for another part-time job in a daycare center. Everything sounds good and I am supposed to start my work soon. My question are: 1)The boss didn't mention the wage and I was not sure whether it is appropriate for me to ask? 2) How much do you guys think I will get paid an hour to work in daycare center? I am sure we will figure this out soon but out of curiosity. :o

Thanks in advance!

Joanna

My wife did this job for a while.

pay was 8$ - 12$ per hour depending on experience.

Yes, it is VERY appropriate to know what your going to get paid before you accept the job. Ideally you are comparing this job to some other, and the higher pay offer gets you.

Perhaps you dont have multiple offers, but the rules apply anyway.

Thanks!

I have another quick question. On I-9 form. "I attest, under penalty, that I am what. Am I a lawful permanent resident or an alien authorized to work until..... ? My greencard is pending BTW.

You are still a alien authorized to work until you received your GC. Anyway, congratulations!