Looking for help with visa

Ok, So I finally made it to China and have had the best 2 weeks of my life. I somehow know before I arrived that this lady would be perfect, I just did not know how perfect untill we met. We are now talking about how we want to continue. I do have experience with a K1 visa from my past nightmare from vietnam. Times have changed and rules have changed.

I am aware of the hard times getting a visa in China. So my question is as follows.

Is it better try for a K1 visa in China or go to Hong Kong and get married and apply for K3 visa. I know HK is much easier and faster. I guess I am looking for current information on the HK route as I know things change year after year.

What are the rules for getting married in china for a usc and mainland chinese lady. I did some searching here but could not find clear answers.

I did speak to a US attorney and his works to me were avoid trying to get a K1 visa at all costs as there is no rhyme or reason how they issue visas there. He said HK is so much easier.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

JS

I think you got some good advice there.

Remember that HK is a separate country for administrative purposes. You must marry in HK in order to interview for the K3 in HK.

The procedure for marrying in HK is different than it is on the mainland China

Remember that HK is a separate country for administrative purposes. You must marry in HK in order to interview for the K3 in HK.

I am confused. I thought you only could DCF for CR-1/IR-1 in a foreign country and had to go through USA for K1 or K3 visa? Also isn't all new IV activity reassigned to GUZ from HK?

Ok, So I finally made it to China and have had the best 2 weeks of my life. I somehow know before I arrived that this lady would be perfect, I just did not know how perfect untill we met. We are now talking about how we want to continue. I do have experience with a K1 visa from my past nightmare from vietnam. Times have changed and rules have changed.

I am aware of the hard times getting a visa in China. So my question is as follows.

Is it better try for a K1 visa in China or go to Hong Kong and get married and apply for K3 visa. I know HK is much easier and faster. I guess I am looking for current information on the HK route as I know things change year after year.

What are the rules for getting married in china for a usc and mainland chinese lady. I did some searching here but could not find clear answers.

I did speak to a US attorney and his works to me were avoid trying to get a K1 visa at all costs as there is no rhyme or reason how they issue visas there. He said HK is so much easier.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

JS

Try doing a search for 'agm' he was married in Hong Kong and posted or replied to many post in 2007 about Hong Kong marriage.

I am confused. I thought you only could DCF for CR-1/IR-1 in a foreign country and had to go through USA for K1 or K3 visa? Also isn't all new IV activity reassigned to GUZ from HK?

Correct - you APPLY for a DCF at the consulate serving the foreign location where you live. I-129F's (for a K-1 or K-3 application) are mailed to the US address indicated in the instructions. K-3's are always processed in the "country" (in this case, Hong Kong) where the marriage took place

The 'trick phrase' is:

Country of adjudication .

This is the country where the interview takes place, and all forms are sent TO this country's IV unit.

DCF has residency requirement in 'that foreign country' for the USC, prior to filing...

DCF in China -> adjudication in China

DCF in Hong Kong -> adjudication in Hong Kong

If it's not a DCF, then the paperwork is filed first in the USA -

K-3 in HKG -> must marry in HKG, file I-130 for adjudication at GUZ, with followup I-129F for adjudication in HKG.

K-3 in GUZ -> must marry in China, file I-130 for adjudication at GUZ, with followup I-129F for adjudication at GUZ.

Good Luck, with whichever route you decide to take.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

The 'trick phrase' is:

Country of adjudication .

This is the country where the interview takes place, and all forms are sent TO this country's IV unit.

DCF in China -> adjudication in China

DCF in Hong Kong -> adjudication in Hong Kong

If it's not a DCF, then the paperwork is filed first in the USA -

K-3 in HKG -> must marry in HKG, file I-130 for adjudication at GUZ, with followup I-129F for adjudication in HKG.

Good Luck, with whichever route you decide to take.

DCF has residency requirements - they will not be able to file an I-130 in Hong Kong unless they have lived there for the minimum requirement.

The term 'DCF' (Direct Consular Filing) is not an official term - it refers only to the place where the I-130 is filed (at the consulate). You will not find it on USCIS or DOS web sites.

I don't think rules have changed much for HK. Here is one thread where comparisons were discussed:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26479

See this for steps:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20240

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)