Chinese Tax Forms instead of IRS forms for I-846

It says on the I-846 that you can use foreign tax reciepts/forms to show that you earned under the required amount to file taxes in the US. I make all of 4000RMB a month here in China and so have been well under the poverty line for almost two years.

Filling out the I-846 it wants to see tax info for the last three years (that I have no idea how to get here in China, IRS website is awful), but even if I could access the IRS info, it would only have two of the three years. Can I use the tax info my employeer here in China gave to the government to show how much I earned and there for prove my eligability to not have to file in the US?

I'm going to have a joint I-846 with my parents since there's no way I could meet the requirements on my own, would this effect them in any way?

Guest Rob & Jin

even if you earnt under the amount to pay taxes here you still need to file returns.

I am assuming you are filing DCF CR-1, make sure you have the USA domicle issue covered.

good luck :blink:

One other note, they are concerned about future income. Will income from foreign source continue after you arrive into the USA? This is not a problem if your employer is a US company, and you were in China working for the US company, and will continue working for the company once you return to the USA.

I'm pretty much just a poor college grad who came over right after college to teach and take in another country. Meeting my fiancee was just icing on the cake.

I have no car or anything really besides a TV/stereo system for assest back in the US and when I do return I'll be looking for a job since I can't really teach english in the US with out a teaching degree.

Pretty much I've maintained a permanent address and bank account that is used to pay student loans, no phone but I'm hoping thats understandable since I just use skype and the like to talk with friends.

All my income is from my school, and they direct deposit into my bank here in China, so banking records should back up any tax information they give the government (if they aren't doing some interesting accounting...).

Pretty much there's absolutely no way I would ever pass the I-846 on my own, which is why my parents will be signing on to help. They own their home and all assets, no mortgages or anything like that and together I think they make about 100K a year which should be more then enough.

I'm guessing I'll have to look into contracting a lawyer about my taxes then, to get that sorted out and figure out how to get the appropriate W-2 like paperwork from the chinese government. Anyone have any experiance with that, is it easy to request forms from the local government?

Thanks for all the help!

I'm pretty much just a poor college grad who came over right after college to teach and take in another country. Meeting my fiancee was just icing on the cake.

I have no car or anything really besides a TV/stereo system for assest back in the US and when I do return I'll be looking for a job since I can't really teach english in the US with out a teaching degree.

Pretty much I've maintained a permanent address and bank account that is used to pay student loans, no phone but I'm hoping thats understandable since I just use skype and the like to talk with friends.

All my income is from my school, and they direct deposit into my bank here in China, so banking records should back up any tax information they give the government (if they aren't doing some interesting accounting...).

Pretty much there's absolutely no way I would ever pass the I-846 on my own, which is why my parents will be signing on to help. They own their home and all assets, no mortgages or anything like that and together I think they make about 100K a year which should be more then enough.

I'm guessing I'll have to look into contracting a lawyer about my taxes then, to get that sorted out and figure out how to get the appropriate W-2 like paperwork from the chinese government. Anyone have any experiance with that, is it easy to request forms from the local government?

Thanks for all the help!

IRS has extensive info here: http://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/index.html

Yes most persons doing DCF have a joint sponsor in the USA your parents will provide an I-864 as a joint sponsor.

Could anyone answer me a quick question, dealing with a chinese "expert" syndrome. It seems that I just need to do an I-846 for proving my ability to keep my fiancee from being homeless. Another person is saying something about an I-134 but all I can find on that is that it was very similar to the I-846 and doesn't seem to be in use anymore, with most of the pdfs I find saying it expired back in 2007.

Should I worry about the I-134 or is it defunct?

Could anyone answer me a quick question, dealing with a chinese "expert" syndrome. It seems that I just need to do an I-846 for proving my ability to keep my fiancee from being homeless. Another person is saying something about an I-134 but all I can find on that is that it was very similar to the I-846 and doesn't seem to be in use anymore, with most of the pdfs I find saying it expired back in 2007.

Should I worry about the I-134 or is it defunct?

Fill out the I-134 for a K-1 fiance application

This is apparently what you have filed

The OP appears to be a K1 based on a previous post.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=33997&hl=

If true, the I-864 is not used at all; The I-864 is only for married couples applying for a CR1 visa.

For I-129F petitions leading to a K1 visa, you should prepare a I-134 for the interview (alot with other financial supporting evidences). If needing a joint sponsor, then that person fills out a I-134 also.