k1 has risks for foreign partner

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2592053

In this persons post, she came over as a k1 fiancee.

After arrival, her US fiance refused to marry her.

Now what does she do?

I found it heartbreaking. I believe all she can do is leave the country, and face the shame at home, not to mention the financial losses she will incur.

Unfortunately her question was never answered clearly, and the infighting in vj lost her.

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

pushbrk is a former member here, with similar results.

The advice to file an I-130 with the I-485 is correct, if she marries the petitioner. We had a member do that recently, although not in such dire straits.

No, she is NOT here illegally - she just needs to decide what to do, and do it. If she can do that in a reasonable time frame, there will be no repercussions - but no one will define "reasonable" for her.

1) Marry the petitioner

- or -

2) Leave

Yes, that is a trap they can fall into

"pushy" was K3.. not the same.

if not married... she should leave. Otherwise, she abuses the entire point of the K1.

I replied to her offline, and told her she really only had 3 choices.

marry him, file I-130 and AOS. The government would probably forgive the overstay on the k1.

marry a different US citizen, file I-130 and aos. Riskier, and not likely she can find a spouse, but government would maybe forgive the overstay.

go home.

I suggested she go home, because staying here was only putting her in a bad situation.

It just breaks my heart that someone would be so mean though.

if not married... she should leave. Otherwise, she abuses the entire point of the K1.

His results here were similar to what you saw in the VJ thread.

I don't see how his results apply here?

He was K3; he waited till they would get the 10 year green card..

This situation (although I didn't waste my time to read the VJ thread) is a K1 who never married... so hoping to get around the requirement.

Pushy, in typical fashion, only pushed the envelope but didn't go against the requirement...

Just state how Pushy applies and should be followed as 100% guaranteed successful and can be followed clearly instead of us wasting time discussing it.

I replied to her offline, and told her she really only had 3 choices.

marry him, file I-130 and AOS. The government would probably forgive the overstay on the k1.

marry a different US citizen, file I-130 and aos. Riskier, and not likely she can find a spouse, but government would maybe forgive the overstay.

go home.

I suggested she go home, because staying here was only putting her in a bad situation.

It just breaks my heart that someone would be so mean though.

personally.. she should NOT marry another USC... if denied she could be barred from US for many years. Best is to go home. End of story.

wow - that op never made a 2nd posting. oh well.

but - her fiance has now gotten her into 'trouble', yes? wtf? if he didn't want to marry her, he could have sent her back during that 90 days. now she's at some serious risk of deportation (if caught) and subsequent banishment of entry. Oh Well - sounds like a wonderful relationship already? (sorry, my ironic button is turned on)

if he didn't want to marry her, he could have sent her back during that 90 days. now she's at some serious risk of deportation (if caught) and subsequent banishment of entry. Oh Well - sounds like a wonderful relationship already? (sorry, my ironic button is turned on)

Moral of the story....

Are not USCs the catch of the ocean?

Roll the dice... it's a gamble by both sides.. life goes on.

This situation (although I didn't waste my time to read the VJ thread) is a K1 who never married... so hoping to get around the requirement.

Pushy, in typical fashion, only pushed the envelope but didn't go against the requirement...

Just state how Pushy applies and should be followed as 100% guaranteed successful and can be followed clearly instead of us wasting time discussing it.

Read the thread and the responses to Pushy, David. I expected it would bring back some memories. Apparently, I was wrong. Actually, don't read it - it was in reference to the OP's comment that "the infighting in vj lost her" and is unimportant.

The idea of marrying another USC would be very risky, since the K-1 specifies that she marry the petitioner. I really don't think the overstay is an issue, but a third party would look like visa hunting, unless she were to leave the country and apply for a new visa

Read the thread and the responses to Pushy, David. I expected it would bring back some memories. Apparently, I was wrong. Actually, don't read it - it was in reference to the OP's comment that "the infighting in vj lost her" and is unimportant.

The idea of marrying another USC would be very risky, since the K-1 specifies that she marry the petitioner. I really don't think the overstay is an issue, but a third party would look like visa hunting, unless she were to leave the country and apply for a new visa

such a charge.... to read or not to read :o I could not refuse to replay to pushy :rolleyes:

but alas... it is closed :ph34r:

by a female mod who probably knows best :D

such a charge.... to read or not to read :o I could not refuse to replay to pushy :rolleyes:

but alas... it is closed :ph34r:

by a female mod who probably knows best :D

Tongue-in-cheek is a term used to refer to humor in which a statement, or an entire fictional work, is not meant to be taken seriously, but its lack of seriousness is subtle. The origin of its usage comes from when Spanish minstrels would perform for various dukes in the 18th century; these dukes would silently chastise the silliness of the minstrel's performances by placing their tongue firmly to the side of their cheek. The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "Ironic, slyly humorous; not meant to be taken seriously".

You guys crack me up !!!! ;) :o :D

Guest Tony n Terrific

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2592053

In this persons post, she came over as a k1 fiancee.

After arrival, her US fiance refused to marry her.

Now what does she do?

I found it heartbreaking. I believe all she can do is leave the country, and face the shame at home, not to mention the financial losses she will incur.

Unfortunately her question was never answered clearly, and the infighting in vj lost her.

What was the reason he did not wish to marry her. The monkey maybe on her back.