child of a k-1 visa holder

Thanks to everyone for your help. I ended up contacting the consulate by email. Within one week they mailed packets 3 and 4 to my wifes daughter. Her interview is set for March 4. Since her mom is still waiting for AP, i am flying to Shenzhen and will go with her to her medical and also her interview. This is happening really fast (i am not complaining :lol: ) !!

This is GREAT NEWS !!!!

You might want to get a refundable air ticket for your wife, just in case her AP shows up before then.

Be SURE to go to the interview - hand her your passport to place on TOP on the counter.

They have been know to deny a visa to children whose parents weren't there - or if they even THOUGHT the parents weren't there

Thanks to everyone for your help. I ended up contacting the consulate by email. Within one week they mailed packets 3 and 4 to my wifes daughter. Her interview is set for March 4. Since her mom is still waiting for AP, i am flying to Shenzhen and will go with her to her medical and also her interview. This is happening really fast (i am not complaining :licklips: ) !!

If your wife wants to go here is your best shot to get AP for her to make the trip. Gather up all of her AOS documents and the information you have for the K-2, especially the GUZ number. Make an Infopass appointment and explain to the IO that her daughter has a K-2 interview and request that they expedite AP.

This worked out well for another member recently.

Also, don't forget that they may ask about relationship evidence concerning you and your wife. Take the evidence used for AOS to use for this, joint accounts and such. Pictures of you and your wife in the US are good too.