Jan 20th interview

got details from my fiance, he came out from the interview before 11:30, he was the last two ppl before lunch time.

The VO was a black gentlement, the whole interview was in Chinese, since thats what he requested to be. VO didn't ask for anything expect pictures, which we prepared about 25. he went thru all of them, asked the ppl that were in the pics (which pics we took with my parents and his parents together when we had the engagment party) and other pics of me and him .... and the matchmaker lol.....

he asked several questions:

what's my job in the states?

when and how we met?

if my fiance ever been to the states or abroad?

what's his job in China?

i think there are few more, can't remember now. (sorry)...

after all the questions, the vo started writing notes, couldn't see what he wrote of course, then a translator came, asked all the same questions in Chinese again (don't know why they did that). after the translator was done with all the questions, the VO goes you got Pink¡£

then he asked the transltor to tell my fiance that "economy is bad in the states, hope he works hard when he arrives in the states and support his wife".... haha.... they both laughed.

my fiance also told me that 3 ladies infront of him got rejected, he had a bad feeling, but he said be confident and answer all the question to the point everything should be ok.

think he is going to pick his visa sometime this week, he is off to see his family in shenzhen, i'm sure he is having lots of fun there... since he got pink......

p.s..... thank you for all your help and support.....

Guest Dylan W

Thanks for the write up! Hopefully he will find a very successful job here soon. I wonder if he was the only male fiance visa applicant there for an interview and how common practice that is? It seems a bit more rare. So maybe a bit less fraud and an easier interview for the VO? Anywho, great news! I enjoyed your post! :(

Thanks for the write up! Hopefully he will find a very successful job here soon. I wonder if he was the only male fiance visa applicant there for an interview and how common practice that is? It seems a bit more rare. So maybe a bit less fraud and an easier interview for the VO? Anywho, great news! I enjoyed your post! ;)

yes, he was the only one, there was another gentlement there, but he was getting visa for green card. they were the last two...

thank you!!!

Edited by lili4680 (see edit history)