Language Study

In reading, the interview results one would get the impression that GUZ

has unleashed a blizzard of white slips. Of course this is purely based on the experience of this board and that impression could have a host of causes: a statistical anomaly, denied petitioners desperate for information joining the board, an actual change in policy by Guz.

I bring this up because the veterans of this board, counsel us to make sure every decision in this process is well thought out, hardheaded, and without emotion. I realize that given the obtuse nature of the of this process most of the answers are subjective, but the years of experience on this board are invaluable so please forgive me if I have constantly come to the well.

Yanzi and I are considering making a lifestyle change. Like most Chinese English speakers, she is not prepared for the rhythm and cadence of natural English speakers. Her interview, if we run into no glitches along the road, is approximately 8 til 12 months away. We are considering making her a full time English student

Will my becoming her sole provider of income be a negative or positive on our petition?

Will her becoming a full time student of English have a negative or positive impact on our petition?

Thanks as always

Jim

Hi HL,

I think your plan to put her in English class is an excellent one. One of the things that we got red flagged for was that my wife is not fluent in English. My wife does speak English, but not at the level that was expected by the CO.

The CO doesn't care what your SO's income is only yours.

I think that her being an English student will be a positive.

Guest Dylan W

I think so you are married, being the sole income source is reasonable if you can adequately explain why, and to explain that she is taking English classes full time to benefit your relationship soon to be together, as well as prepare for a stable career here in the states, it sounds like a great idea. Just make sure in the case that you do this, you are still making routine trips to visit your wife. I wouldn't just send her money without taking my time to be by her side. I would make more trips myself if I wasn't on such a tight budget, but as looking at my finances, you, or a VO could see that I am adequately budgeting my wallet, and Wendy does that same. We have shared expenses and helped each other out from time to time, but nothing major.

Also, I think there are a lot more whites given then most people realize, and most people don't find CFL. If you get pink, there's really no need for CFL, but if you get white, this is the first place I would come for help. I know there are a lot of whites given out, Wendy living in GZ, and now at this hotel, has definitely seen a lot more results of what the consulate is actually about. It is kinda scary and it could make you nervous if you weren't prepared. God bless Wendy for being strong and preparing for her interview... I'm not worried at all! However I know the awesome power that the consulate holds, and I know that without the help of CFL, I don't know how prepared I would really be, and I'm glad I didn't find CFL before it was 'too late'... or I had to reapply. Heaven forbid we do have to reapply.

As far as your 2 questions go, I was the sole provider of her income and she was learning english. We got a white slip on a K1 and success on an IR1. So it can go both ways in regards to your questions.

I think if you focus on what makes your relationship the best for you two and quit worrying about what GZ thinks, then you will have a better chance.

Dontcha think these 'rash o white slips' recently are from new members who just found this web portal AFTER they recv'd the white slip? (shrug)

What has me concerned is this female Asian 30 something VO there seems to be giving an instant white slip for any red flag even if the red flag was already known to the USCIS. Also according to onemember here she is not even following the rules of the DOS. :blink:

That one member Stepbrow confirmed what some of us here have known for a while. The DOS operates by a set of rules unknown to all of us. The FAM is just a guide book. One must remember that the DOS will not make their "rules" public knowledge. The reason is obvious.

has unleashed a blizzard of white slips. Of course this is purely based on the experience of this board and that impression could have a host of causes: a statistical anomaly, denied petitioners desperate for information joining the board, an actual change in policy by Guz.

I bring this up because the veterans of this board, counsel us to make sure every decision in this process is well thought out, hardheaded, and without emotion. I realize that given the obtuse nature of the of this process most of the answers are subjective, but the years of experience on this board are invaluable so please forgive me if I have constantly come to the well.

Yanzi and I are considering making a lifestyle change. Like most Chinese English speakers, she is not prepared for the rhythm and cadence of natural English speakers. Her interview, if we run into no glitches along the road, is approximately 8 til 12 months away. We are considering making her a full time English student

Will my becoming her sole provider of income be a negative or positive on our petition?

Will her becoming a full time student of English have a negative or positive impact on our petition?

Thanks as always

Jim

Hi Jim,

My wife Ling quite her job as a nurse one month after we got married so that she could take conversational English classes.

I set up a reoccurring money transfer for her to her bank account.

Do I think supporting your wife is important so she can quit her job to take English classes.......YES I do.....if you can afford it. One thing it gives a commitment to the relationship.

Ling's english was bad.....so we bought a sentence translator, chinese to English...english to chinese. It cost between 250.00 US to 300.00 US.

I also put in my Evolution of relationship for the I-129F of Lings intent to quit her job to take english classes as well as also about the money transfers....if you have already submitted your EOR than I did an update for her interview. I also made a statement in the EOR that our communication consisted of fair English as far as e-mails, writing on note book when we were together, and that when writing or questions became detailed we used the Sentence Translator.

Tom and Ling

PS: Frankly..Conversational English Classes in China..."are not very good"....so don't expect her to become fluent in English,,but it can help,,,However, at her interview...I went to ACH and said that my wife was nervous and wanted her interview in Chinese..... :D :P :D

Thanks as always

Jim

Hi Jim,

My wife Ling quite her job as a nurse one month after we got married so that she could take conversational English classes.

I set up a reoccurring money transfer for her to her bank account.

Do I think supporting your wife is important so she can quit her job to take English classes.......YES I do.....if you can afford it. One thing it gives a commitment to the relationship.

Ling's english was bad.....so we bought a sentence translator, chinese to English...english to chinese. It cost between 250.00 US to 300.00 US.

I also put in my Evolution of relationship for the I-129F of Lings intent to quit her job to take english classes as well as also about the money transfers....if you have already submitted your EOR than I did an update for her interview. I also made a statement in the EOR that our communication consisted of fair English as far as e-mails, writing on note book when we were together, and that when writing or questions became detailed we used the Sentence Translator.

Tom and Ling

PS: Frankly..Conversational English Classes in China..."are not very good"....so don't expect her to become fluent in English,,but it can help,,,However, at her interview...I went to ACH and said that my wife was nervous and wanted her interview in Chinese..... :ph34r: :P B)

Thank you Tom and everyone else for you excellent advice, I will see Yanzi for Valentines Day and we will discuss our options-I will let you know what we decide

Jim