Do I keep quiet or do I spill the beans?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob & Jin

watched this thread carefully, tried to stay out of it, but.......

sounds like a family business going on here, hope you get your cut Dennis :)

come on guys, read this all again and reflect on how you are supporting a lie and go and delete all your smart posts in other threads on visa fraud and to all the guys you have said "sorry that happened to but only if..."

Dennis you are a good guy, you know whats right.

sounds like a family business going on here, hope you get your cut Dennis :)

come on guys, read this all again and reflect on how you are supporting a lie and go and delete all your smart posts in other threads on visa fraud and to all the guys you have said "sorry that happened to but only if..."

How do you figure visa fraud? They haven't met face to face yet let alone decided to get engaged. How could you possibly point to fraud for what does not exist yet? I am very curious to hear what you think the definition of visa fraud is. Remember love is not part of the equation for the government. At this point how do you doubt the intent of commiting to marriage?

sounds like a family business going on here, hope you get your cut Dennis :D

This is undoubtably the most asinine post that I have yet to read during four years as a member of this forum.

Your post speaks for itself and any intelligent member can see it for what it is. :)

sounds like a family business going on here, hope you get your cut Dennis :lol:

This is undoubtably the most asinine post that I have yet to read during four years as a member of this forum.

Your post speaks for itself and any intelligent member can see it for what it is. :lol:

While I wouldn't give it that designation (I'm certain I've seen hundereds of posts more deserving of being called asinine), and I have some serious doubts about the viability of such a relationship... I wouldn't call it visa fraud. It's only visa fraud if they met, and then one of them surepticiously, or both of them knowingly, pursued a visa when there is no bona fide relationship.

While the circumstances of them meeting may indeed be fraudulent (to one or both of them), if they truly build a relationship from that point, it would not be visa fraud. Also, if they didn't pursue a relationship it of course wouldn't be visa fraud, because no visa.

Either way, Dennis wouldn't be a "party to" anything beyond their first meeting, because that is between grandpa Al, and chickie-boo at that point.

So while questioning Dennis' decision in being a party to their introduction and witholding information from Al is within bounds (hey he even asked for it). Suggesting he's condoning or assisting in visa fraud is innacurate and overreacting.

And Dennis, re your recent post mentioning my comment of "he's a letcher"... that wasn't my verdict... just a possible explanation in my mind for why a mature 45 y/o man who has likely been around the block a few times and saw the moon landing on TV would want to pursue marriage with a 22 y/o freshly minted girl who probably can't remember life without the internet and a cell phone, and might have "gone steady" for a year or two once, and doesn't even know how to say "I like cheese" or "Which way is the library" in his native language. I seriously doubt it's because he thinks they are twin souls and she just understands him SO DEEPLY (and even if so that part is due to the machinations of your sister-in-law as she isn't even the girl he THINKS he was talking to). Nevertheless, that isn't an opinion on what you asked about... my opinion on that was, keep your mouth shut this time, but make clear you don't want to be a party to future "matchmaking".

Guest Rob & Jin

Your post speaks for itself and any intelligent member can see it for what it is. :lol:

kinda going by GUZ is doing on "not bonafide" arranged meetings, no common language, big age gap , no history before meeting ... etc .... etc ...etc

times have changed Dennis, go read the the visa threads, it ain't like buying a phone card now , "bonafide" is the thing

i wish them every luck, but they are being set up for a big "white"

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

kinda going by GUZ is doing on "not bonefide" arranged meetings, no common language, big age gap , no history before meeting ... etc .... etc ...etc

THIS I agree with you completely on, Rob. It would indeed be red flag city for a VO.

Guest Rob & Jin

sounds like a family business going on here, hope you get your cut Dennis :P

kinda going by GUZ is doing on "not bonefide" arranged meetings, no common language, big age gap , no history before meeting ... etc .... etc ...etc

THIS I agree with you completely on, Rob. It would indeed be red flag city for a VO.

finally someone gets it :lol:

Guest Rob & Jin

sounds like a family business going on here, hope you get your cut Dennis ;)

yep Dennis , your family in china lining them up for visas is my asinine, whatever, hope they will be all very happy

not my concern, said my piece :lol: :P

except... you assume GUZ is somehow informed of these discrete details... who exactly is going to tell GUZ so clearly the details when AL is not told?

Doesn't anyone get it?

While I wouldn't give it that designation (I'm certain I've seen hundereds of posts more deserving of being called asinine), and I have some serious doubts about the viability of such a relationship... I wouldn't call it visa fraud. It's only visa fraud if they met, and then one of them surepticiously, or both of them knowingly, pursued a visa when there is no bona fide relationship.

While the circumstances of them meeting may indeed be fraudulent (to one or both of them), if they truly build a relationship from that point, it would not be visa fraud. Also, if they didn't pursue a relationship it of course wouldn't be visa fraud, because no visa.

Either way, Dennis wouldn't be a "party to" anything beyond their first meeting, because that is between grandpa Al, and chickie-boo at that point.

So while questioning Dennis' decision in being a party to their introduction and witholding information from Al is within bounds (hey he even asked for it). Suggesting he's condoning or assisting in visa fraud is innacurate and overreacting.

And Dennis, re your recent post mentioning my comment of "he's a letcher"... that wasn't my verdict... just a possible explanation in my mind for why a mature 45 y/o man who has likely been around the block a few times and saw the moon landing on TV would want to pursue marriage with a 22 y/o freshly minted girl who probably can't remember life without the internet and a cell phone, and might have "gone steady" for a year or two once, and doesn't even know how to say "I like cheese" or "Which way is the library" in his native language. I seriously doubt it's because he thinks they are twin souls and she just understands him SO DEEPLY (and even if so that part is due to the machinations of your sister-in-law as she isn't even the girl he THINKS he was talking to). Nevertheless, that isn't an opinion on what you asked about... my opinion on that was, keep your mouth shut this time, but make clear you don't want to be a party to future "matchmaking".

OK :lol: Is it BYOB? ;)

except... you assume GUZ is somehow informed of these discrete details... who exactly is going to tell GUZ so clearly the details when AL is not told?

Doesn't anyone get it?

If I remember correctly, both you and I, David, were required to offer certain items of "evidence" for our fiancees for their interviews. While ALL the details won't come out (like not knowing she wasn't the girl he was originally planning to meet) unless he just wanted to shoot himself in the foot... some like:

Age (actually generation) Gap - birth certificates, anyone?

Language Barrier - Let's see someone try to fake this at the interview

Beginning and Evolution of the relationship - Can be lied on (but then that WOULD be fraud)

Not saying it means they would definately be turned down... hey maybe they won't file for a year, and she will learn English in that time, he will visit her 6 times, and they will have thousands of emails and phone logs, right? But "better" couples have been turned away for far less.

So yeah, I DO "get it", David. Do you?

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

OK :lol: Is it BYOB? ;)

I think since it's being said that you would BE the party (to)... that means you have to bring the beer, Dennis. :P