We got blue....the question is

Clev

My wife got blue. We are CR/1. Her interview date was 12/4/08. On the blue card they only "X'd" a square that said "your case requires aditional processing. You may want to contact us every few months to check your case status". There was nothing else wrote on the card, just the "X'd" box. I sent an e-mail and they sent back a response

Please be advised that your case is still under administrative processing. We are unable to predict when it will be finished. But please be assured that we will contact your beneficiary immediately by mail once the case is ready for continued processing.

The blue card said this,": Your case requires additional processing

we will contact you by mail to inform you of our decisionm when we finish the processing. you may want to contact us every few month to check your case's status.you may email, fax or send a letter to the Consulate.

They also said this,"Thank you for your inquiry. You may expect a response from us in 5 to 7 business days.

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW UP BEFORE THEN, AS REPEATED EMAILS RE-SET YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND CREATE A DELAY IN THE RESPONSE TIME ON YOUR CASE.

My question is ...do I send e-mail again now, since it has been almost a month, or will it set back time for our case. Also....could anyone tell me what the DOS telephone number is for case inquiry? Thanks

My wife got blue. We are CR/1. Her interview date was 12/4/08. On the blue card they only "X'd" a square that said "your case requires aditional processing. You may want to contact us every few months to check your case status". There was nothing else wrote on the card, just the "X'd" box. I sent an e-mail and they sent back a response

Please be advised that your case is still under administrative processing. We are unable to predict when it will be finished. But please be assured that we will contact your beneficiary immediately by mail once the case is ready for continued processing.

we will contact you by mail to inform you of our decisionm when we finish the processing. you may want to contact us every few month to check your case's status.you may email, fax or send a letter to the Consulate.

They also said this,"Thank you for your inquiry. You may expect a response from us in 5 to 7 business days.

My wife got a blue slip with a yellow and pink slip attatched with it, on 8-5-08. I had to answer five questions in detail that were marked on them. I did that and sent them back. I waited the three months they said I should and "NO" responce. I e-mailed them on 1-4-09 still "NO" responce.

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW UP BEFORE THEN, AS REPEATED EMAILS RE-SET YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND CREATE A DELAY IN THE RESPONSE TIME ON YOUR CASE.

My question is ...do I send e-mail again now, since it has been almost a month, or will it set back time for our case. Also....could anyone tell me what the DOS telephone number is for case inquiry? Thanks

Could be name check, could be something else.

With AP, you'll never know until they are finished, or they ask you for additional information / evidence.

But - DOS will have 'more current' info , so - call them and ask WTF is going on ...

At least you didn't get a white which is an outright denial. The AP means that the fraud unit is investigating either documents or statements. Hopefully the findings will be in your favor. As to the PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW statement, it doesn't affect the case itself. They just put that notice so that you don't send an email every day.

Thanks for the input. As you can see I a new guy on the block. Sorry that I haven't put down a track record....when I find out how to do it it'll show up. Ahhhh....this waiting game. How it sucks. Thanks again to you all.

Sounds just like it is something they still need and/or are awaiting to complete this part of her processing-- as someone mentioned-- perhaps a name check is all it is or something of the likes. I wouldn't worry about it too much--- even though the waiting is painful.

I believe it's good to be persistent with them, but no...not too persistent (not e-mailing them daily).

And from my experience, DOS can sometimes offer "real time" info that has been entered into the system-- that we can't even seem to access in real time at GUZ...but most often, they have no clue as to what's going on unless GUZ has entered something into the universal system that they can access.

Best of luck and don't worry-- might be quicker than you think.

:partytime2:

the only thing you might prepare for is... see when your wife got her notarial translations; if for any reason she originally got them very early in the process, and the AP drags out so that the Police Check goes over 1 year from it's date... the consulate could suddenly come back and say, we're done with AP but your police check is expired... here is another blue !

Ok....thanks again for you help CFL people. I hope the time line is in the right context here. I called DOS...the Lady said she hadn't got to the file yet. Today is the Jan 14th. Blue card received Dec. 4th

opps....no the.

My fiancee just her interview on January 13th for a K-1 and she also received a blue slip. There were 5 girls there for K-1's and 2 got blue and the rest pink. The two with blue were CCP members and all others were approved. Is it a CCP issue? If so I think the average wait time for them to do more name checks is about 3-4 months.

My fiancee just her interview on January 13th for a K-1 and she also received a blue slip. There were 5 girls there for K-1's and 2 got blue and the rest pink. The two with blue were CCP members and all others were approved. Is it a CCP issue? If so I think the average wait time for them to do more name checks is about 3-4 months.

You seem to be saying in a round about fashion that your fiancee was given a blue due to CCP?

If the consulate is aware of the membership (past or present), then it is usually a denial (particularly if less than 5 years before quitting).

Then normally don't do more name checks unless you were only give Administrative Review or Administrative Processing as the reason.

The key is to see the blue slip comments.

Usually those denied on CCP grounds must submit a waiver.... but find out what exactly is on the blue slip first.

There was no CCP issue. I think our issue is the amount of time since we met and the time we got married. I talked to my wife in April 2007 online. When we set up plans to get married I flew into Guangzhou on the 17th of September, we go married the 19th in Nanning. They asked her this question,"Your husband was there for one day?" Then they asked her about where and how we met. So I think we got blue so they can check out the time line of meeting and how we met. My wife them what web site we used. They then went to the computer, he typed in something. They asked how many times I came to China. She told them when we got married, then Chinese New Year last year, and now.....since I was at the interview. They asked for my passport and she gave it to them. They gave her Blue.....the Chinese lady said to her....ohhh there is no problem with you....but they had to do more processing.