How does the consulate ship packets

Hello,

We have sent in all of our initial paperwork for a CR1 visa to the visa processing center in Beijing about a month ago and then took off to the US for the holidays. I am a bit worried that maybe the consulate sent us our second packet of applications while we were gone and we missed it. If it was sent via regular mail it would have been in our mailbox but if they sent it through one of the delivery services (kuai di) and we weren't here I am not sure what they would do. Does anyone have any info on this.

Thanks,

Jack

I assume you filed directly to USCIS overseas, in this case at the office in the BJ Embassy. We often refer to this type of filing as a DCF (direct consular filing).

It appears to be 6-8 weeks to get P2 (notice of approval); Most do not get a P1 (notice of receipt of the petition filing).

Here is info on contacting them:

Hi there, After 4 weeks of trying, I finally got through to make an appointment to turn my I-130 in. By luck, i contacted another dept in the consulate and they gave me these numbers:

010 8531 3726/4576

I was able to make an appointment on the second try. Good luck guys!

USCIS@BJ

Contacting Us

Hours of Operation:

The office is open to the public by appointment only and is closed on Chinese and American holidays.

Phone: (010) 8529-6740 (from within China) or 011 (8610) 8529-6740 (from the United States)

Fax: (010) 8529-6779 (from within China) or

011 (8610) 8529-6779 (from the United States)

For email inquires, please write to dhsbeijing-cis@dhs.gov. For following to join I-730 inquiries, please write to: Beijing.I-730@dhs.gov

Email: DHSBeijing-CIS@dhs.gov

here is our CFL DCF FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_DCF_Final1.htm

Thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jack

I assume you filed directly to USCIS overseas, in this case at the office in the BJ Embassy. We often refer to this type of filing as a DCF (direct consular filing).

It appears to be 6-8 weeks to get P2 (notice of approval); Most do not get a P1 (notice of receipt of the petition filing).

Here is info on contacting them:

Hi there, After 4 weeks of trying, I finally got through to make an appointment to turn my I-130 in. By luck, i contacted another dept in the consulate and they gave me these numbers:

010 8531 3726/4576

I was able to make an appointment on the second try. Good luck guys!

USCIS@BJ

Contacting Us

Hours of Operation:

The office is open to the public by appointment only and is closed on Chinese and American holidays.

Phone: (010) 8529-6740 (from within China) or 011 (8610) 8529-6740 (from the United States)

Fax: (010) 8529-6779 (from within China) or

011 (8610) 8529-6779 (from the United States)

For email inquires, please write to dhsbeijing-cis@dhs.gov. For following to join I-730 inquiries, please write to: Beijing.I-730@dhs.gov

Email: DHSBeijing-CIS@dhs.gov

here is our CFL DCF FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_DCF_Final1.htm